Korg LCA-120 tuner

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Frank Mrus

Korg LCA-120 tuner

Post by Frank Mrus »

Has anyone out there had any experience with using the Korg LCA-120 tuner? It has a rather large screen and I understand can be programmed for various temperaments. I'd appreciate any feedback before I make a move. Thanks a lot.
Olli Haavisto

Post by Olli Haavisto »

Hi Frank,

I`ve had one for a few months now and I like it. The screen is large and well lit and the tuner is pretty stable. With the large screen I haven`t bothered to program my offsets. I only use one , - 10 cents for a few notes and that`s easy to see on the large screen. I think it accepts one programmed temperament. Has anyone programmed the LCA -120 ? I might try to sometime...
Olli Haavisto
Finland
Ken Mizell

Any new info on these?

Post by Ken Mizell »

I was about to start a new thread when I found this one. I was looking at these on-line at the GC web site. Nice little tuner, at about 1/3 the price of the Strobo-Flip. Anyone others have experience with these? Years ago I had a Kork WT-12 and really like it. I'm getting a new rig for the first time in almost 18 years, and things certainly have changed with tuners. I'm also looking at the Strobo-Flip.

Thanks.
Steeless.
Robert Dominick

Post by Robert Dominick »

I just received mine a few days ago and after reading the directions was able to program my offssets real easy. Love the large screen and back light. Another nice feature that it has is called "Focus Tune". Got mine for $59.99 from Nitro Tone Musical Instuments (EBay seller).
http://cgi.ebay.com/Korg-LCA-120-Chroma ... dZViewItem

This was a little less than what you can get for from MF.
Ken Mizell

Post by Ken Mizell »

Thanks Robert. That's what they are selling for at Guitar Center too. I don't need te pre-sets that come in a Strobo-Flip (I have Jeff Newmans temper tune chart and can memorize it too). The programmable setup in the LCA-120 seem fine too. I can buy 3 of these for less than the price of the Peterson.

I'll be in your area of Florida working tomorrow.

Ken
Steeless.
Ken Mizell

Anybody else had experience with these?

Post by Ken Mizell »

Bump. Anybody else have anything to add? Thanks.
Steeless.
sonbone

Post by sonbone »

I've got one and love it. Programmed the preset to my modified Newman chart. Works great for 12 string. Only has one programmable slot, might not be as good for both E9th and C6th. Screen is large and bright, great for dark stage. Much cheaper than the Korg MT-1200 I'd used for many years. Best bang for the buck I've seen in a long time.
Sonny Morris sjm227@hotmail.com
Ken Mizell

Post by Ken Mizell »

Thanks much. I've been looking at the Boss TU-15 and the Korg LCA-120. Both seem nice, but I'm leaning towards the Korg. I'm going down to the GC to check them out in person.
Steeless.
Blake Hawkins

Post by Blake Hawkins »

Ken and Robert,
The Manasota Steel Guitar Club is having its monthly jam tomorrow night at the Eagles Club on 15th street
in Bradenton.

You are welcome to bring your guitar and pick with us.

Our jams are all free.

Blake