MS: DSSG Steel Guitar show in June

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Wayne Goff

steel show

Post by Wayne Goff »

• HEY EVERYONE

THIS IS YOUR DRUMMER SPEAKIN

SO FAR SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD SHOW BREWIN IN OCEAN SPRINGS.SAVE SOME ROOM ON THAT STAGE FOR YOUR OLE DRUMMER.
    OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO MR ED AND HIS FAMILY.THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE.

MR BEN

THOSE TATERS AND BEANS SOUND GOOD.

WAYNE G.
Ben ODell

REF: DRUMMER SPEAKIN

Post by Ben ODell »

RJ:

I can't hear too well any more

"WHAT'D HE SAY" ????? Help me out here brother.

MAN !!!!! That shocked me a good-un, to see ole Wayne in here posting.

I guess some of them very important lessons Ms Linda's been teachin him done and caught-a-holt!

Son.... she's got one of them "FINE TUNED ROLLIN PINS". Sometimes she's got ole "DAM-IT BOY'S head hummin like a 10 penny finishing nail hit with a greasy ball peen hammer.

Good to see you in here Brother Wayne. Looking forward to working the show with you,,,, (AS USUAL).

Like I always say...."IT'S GONNA BE ANUDDER
GOOD-UN"!!!

Ben-Jamin O'Dell
Gordon Dodson

Post by Gordon Dodson »

Hello Roland. We are looking forward to seeing and hearing everyone in June. Everyone was so nice to us at the last show.

Roy, I am sorry that ya'll won't be there. I really enjoyed your set last time. Thank you for including the picture of us in your Photo Album on your Web Site.

See ya'll in June. Gordon
Billy Carr
Restricted

DSSGA

Post by Billy Carr »

T - T - T!
Ben ODell

NOTE FROM BILL STAFFORD

Post by Ben ODell »

I recieved this little note from Bill Stafford, and Billy told me he was having trouble accessing the forum since he had the computer problem.

I've copied and pasted Billy's note but left out the part about goin swimmin. I felt it may have been too rash for Wayne Goff's tender ears.
---------------------------------------------------
NOTE FROM BILLY STAFFORD !!!

Got a note from Herby Wallace yesterday that he will not be able to be with us due to a commitment to play a show in Nashville.

Hank Corwin will be in town and back with us though.

Romeo Sullivan will do the MC honors for us again. (DJ Hall of Fame member).

Give a blurb about the sounds of Julian Tharpe brought to us by Gordon Dodson.

Also Little JoeAllen Ward, our piano player, will have Herbie Stewart and their band will be giving us a special prerformance.

And ole Buck will be in his glory again for us.Start at high noon.

Thad Anderson and his church group will provide the food again for us. Barney Miller will be here too. Ms Mini Minnie on stage too.

I still can not access the forum.

Of course all our great regular players will be with us. Ole Billy Carr will be there, (HAMMER DOWN) as usual and knockin-um out. WHAT A PLAYER !!!!

Look forward to seeing you all at the show. Curtain opens at HIGH NOON !!!

Ben-Jamin O'Dell
Rob Parker

Post by Rob Parker »

Mr Ben,
Ask Bill if he has tried to access the forum via "Steel Guitar Forum Index link " ???
Hope you all have a 'barn-burner', and a string pulling good time..I will be picking out west that week-end..
Tell Miss Mini Minnie I said hello..She is one of my hero's..
RP...'come on in'...
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

That Ben is cooking something up and hope i get to make it guys. T T T For a good show. Jim
Wayne Goff

friends

Post by Wayne Goff »

HEY BEN

THIS SURE SOUNDS LIKE WE ARE GOING TO HAVE
A FUN DAY PICKIN AND A GRINNIN.HAS ANY ONE
HEARD FROM MR ED? I HOPE HE WILL BE THERE TO SHOW US A FEW LICKS.

HAVE YOU TALKED TO MR TONY LANE?I SURE WANT TO HEAR SOME OF THOSE FAST LICKS THAT HE HAS.

LOOKING FOWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE

WAYNE G.
Roland Buras
Location: Kiln, MS, 45 miles east of New Orleans off I-10 USA

Post by Roland Buras »

Hi Wayne good to see you post on the DSSG.. yep you or the best''Drummer that is. Never tiring or quiting on us. thanks so much for your contribution to the many steel players you drum behind and keep the beat going. see you on the 7th of june in OCEAN STRINGS Mississippi. Ben im looking for a good one this year. lots of good players will be there to. I went over and picked some with bill stafford tuesday, got me a new lick and enjoyed watching him play. ok better go. see you in june.

R J Buras
Gene Breeden

Post by Gene Breeden »

If I can get away from the studio I might be down.
Gary Moore

drummer lol lol lol lol

Post by Gary Moore »

do you know what a drummer is ? someone that hangs out with good musician, a good drummer is hard to fine lol lol lol lol lol he he he. hes a :| .
Ben ODell

REF: DRUMMER

Post by Ben ODell »

Yeah R.J.

Only took us 5 years to get ole Wayne to post on the forum. But when he gets down there for the show, you raise his hair up in front and you'll see, what looks like, little peck marks all over his forehead.

Them little peck marks happened when his Mom was trying to teach him to eat with a fork. Just imagine how long it took on the drums. Ha !!!!

I got a copy of,,, QUOTE: Drummer fines and rules from ole Ben Brogdon and I've passed them along to Wayne. We'll see how fat his pocket book is.

Looks like the makins of another GOOD-UN. Although I'm kinda skeptical as to whether I can make it (RIGHT NOW)or not. Been having some problems with the ole ticker. Have doctor appointments scheduled next week. I'll keep ya'll posted. May reguire some immediate attention. NOUGH SAID !!!

OH NO !! I ain't talked to Brother Tony YET. Will though. I'll try to jump in there in his busy phone schedule and capture him.

R.J. I don't ferget too easy, and I'm gonna axe you to show me that new lick. if you got it from ole Billy, it's gotta be a FINE-UN.

Man,,,,, To have ole Gene Breeden in attendance would really be sumpin. Sure hope you can make it Brother. Looking forward to seeing you. You just gotta to flip them ole switches, put the dog and the cat out, load up and come on.

Hate you won't be there for the show Rob. It's always a pleasure to see and have you down with us.

OH YEAH,,,, afore I ferget. Wayne, bring extra towels,,,, and don't forget yo carpet. Member that slicky-a-de stage? last time we played that hall, I wuz wore slam out a chasin yo bass drum, all over that stage. When Billy went to sleep on us, I thought about draggin him up there, and laying him down in front of it.

Ya'll take care and looking forward to seein all.

Ben-Jamin O'Dell
(the other B.F.)
Ben ODell

BEAM IT UP SCOTTY !

Post by Ben ODell »

:D Please bump it to the top. And ya'll come be with us.

Ben O'Dell
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

ROLAND YOU DID HOLD A SPOT FOR ME AND A TABLE DIDN'T YOU AS BILL HASN'T GOT ANY COMPUTER STUFF GOIN YET :D THANKS.

TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Yes,sir!I'll have the ole'Lumina sipping that $3.79 a gallon gas on my way to Ocean Springs,MS.Heck,it might be $4.00 a gallon by June7.It'll be worth it,though.See ya'll there!

Andy
Buck Grantham

Show !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Buck Grantham »

Hey Ben ,, is the taters ripe yet??????????? I'm already tuning up my ax gettin ready for the show..... :) :) :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Mike Hoover

Post by Mike Hoover »

Buck,

Ben would not know a ripe tater if it bit him. Are thy already French Fries??

Mike
Buck Grantham

Ben,s garden

Post by Buck Grantham »

I sure hope them pictures Ben is sending me of his garden is from HIS garden :D :D :D :o :( :oops: :aside:
Bill Stafford

Deep South Steel Guitars

Post by Bill Stafford »

Greetings, finally got my computer back up to almost fifty percent working order. Happy Memorial Day, belated, to all our veterans and especially the surving family members of our troops.
Great News for our June 7 show! Just received a call from Joe Wright and HE WILL BE ON OUR PROGRAM on June 7 is spite of the high gas.
And, Hank Corwin has been more than patience with my efforts- as he and I are working up a special program. I have to make a supreme effort to play the melody lines and this guy puts more harmony notes to the lead than he has strings and I am amazed with this man's talents and ability. I am so proud of this association and esp his friendship. Lucky me!!!
Our show will have to start before noon and go longer now. More later on this.
I will post a schedule soon. Stay in touch and aware.
Bill Stafford
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

WOW MR. BILL glad you got that baby back online and goin. Plus to have the great JOE WRIGHT is worth the trip alone, to watch and hear his great pickin and his comedy is out of this world. GREAT JOB getting him to come and show all us how it can be done.

TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
662-328-5742 tyoung52@wildblue.net
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

HEY GUYS THIS IS """NEXT WEEK""" BETTER MAKE SOME PLANS YEEE HAAA

TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS

ITS GONNA BE A GOODUN
Bill Stafford

DSSG

Post by Bill Stafford »

Tommy, it will be a good experience for all to hear your mods. It is quite impressive. Glad you wil lbe here.
And. in case Gene Breeden is able to be with us, everyone will be impressed with this man's guitar talents. Gene is probably responsible for more steel guitarists getting a proper start there in Nashville than anyone else and we in the Deep South Steel Guitars will certainely show our appreciation. Would be a good experience for all of us here to be able to sit and listen to Gene Breeden, Bob Saxton, Scott Perro, Buck Grantham give us steel wannabee players a break with a quartet of great guitar playing on our stage. And if Tony Lane is with us, he will make that a quintet. WOW! Never know what happens here at DSSG. Wonder if the building could hold this should we be able to add Joe Wright and Hank Corwin to this mix. I am really thinking about that. Have to wait and see.
See you all soon, hopefully.
Bill Stafford
Ben ODell

BILLY UP AND RUNNIN !!!

Post by Ben ODell »

I just opened a mail from Bill axin me to post on the forum cuz he still wasn't able to get on here. Man !!!!! I see he finally turned the computer switch on. You know that thing goes left and right Billy.

That's fantastic news about Joe Wright being with us. Joe is one of a kind,,, super player.

And yes, Uncle Buck,,,,,Them-air is pichers from my own dirt. It's (like I told Billy) gittin harder everyday to take care of that stuff. Like I told you Buck, I couldn't do it without the good hands I've got here and my trusty John Deere. Maybe by show time, I'll have some ripe maters to bring you. Bet you wood'ent squack if I brung you some green-uns,,, now wood-ye.

Seems like I saw sumpin in there somewhere,,,,, sombody,, saying I didn't know what a tater looked like. HUMMMMMM. Now that wuz a real funny. Me and him got a bunch of lessons in Uncle Sam's Air Force on taters. :D I reckon I does.

Hey Ya'll,,, I gotta git out of here. Really looking forward to seeing everyone at the show. UP TO AND INCLUDING MIKE HOOVER !!!!

Ben-Jamin O'Dell

J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Hey guys i just confirmed with Bill that me and Doc will be there for the show and i no its going to be a good time as always. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Jim
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

JIM IS HE GONNA SING SOME OF THAT NEW MUSIC AGAIN,,,, GIVE HIM ANOTHER SONG LIST HAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:
GLAD YOU GONNA GET DOC OUT OF THE HOUSE LET HIM PLAY ONE IF HE WILL.

TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS