Interested in Starting Arizona Steel Asso.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Ray Jenkins

Interested in Starting Arizona Steel Asso.

Post by Ray Jenkins »

All in Az.that are intrested in starting an asso.please contact Billy Easton @520-876-9336 or Ray Jenkins,480-983-1874 home or 480-288-4048 work.
Our first meeting and jam(just like at Troy Porters)is tentiviely scheduled for Sept.28,02.Start time is 10:30 A.M. untill.The location is Central Az College 273 old west hy. Apache Junction Az. Room 444.
Troy put your number up here also,me and Billy done dubbed you our pres. for now.
You can e-mail me at Raymond_Jenkins@centralaz.edu.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Ray

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 26 August 2002 at 02:18 PM.]</p></FONT>
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Okay guys, here is our opportunity to get
together for some great pickin' and fellowship. All are welcome, if you are from
Arizona or not. Maybe we can get Mike Smith,
Danny Snead and some of the locals to jump in
here and give this thing a great sendoff. I
was contacted by several guys who wanted to know when we were going to do this, so here it is. Gary Walker, can you make this one? Feel free to call, email, whatever, but let's
have a big turn out and a great time at this one!!! Thanks for your interest.

------------------
Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Where the Sun Always Shines

Miguel e Smith

Post by Miguel e Smith »

Hey guys, I might be able to make that one. Stay in touch and let me know if the time changes or anything. I think it'd be great to start something like this.

Mike
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hey guy good luck on your Steel show and I hope it is a succes.My Brother -in Law lives in Fort MoHave and he has a classic 50 Mercury and a 55 Chevy Pick up.He likes country music and if it is'nt to far for him to travel he might like to go and listen.His Name is Arthur Todd his E-Mail is
atodd@citlink.com give him a E and he night go. I'm President and founder of The Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association
Sam White
Gary Walker

Post by Gary Walker »

Well, thanks a lot. I move and you guys get together. Wish that had been in the works years ago but it is never too late. Well Billy, you never know. Us retirees can do many things, especially with friends. Sounds like a hoot and a half. Will check my schedule, haha, Gary.
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Count me in, it'd be great to join your group.
Jack
Bob Allen

Post by Bob Allen »

Hi Ray, I sure hope we can get this steel assoc. going We had a great time at the one Troy had, it will be great to get something going hear in Az. Let me know how I can help.Looking forward to the 28th of Sept.Bob
Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

Hey Ray!....you accept Honorary.....or part time....or maybe sometime in the future......members?
'cos I guess me and a special female singer friend of ours would be there..."cept the distance causes a little problem!!'
Still ..if we are both there in spirit......is that OK?
Tony Image Image
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

Tony,come on down and or up which is it.We would be "Honoryed" to have you.You could serve as a bad example or something Image Image Image
Ray
Bob I. Williams

Post by Bob I. Williams »

This is a great thing you're starting. AS I told Ray in the E-MAIL I'm pickin in Rock Springs 28th & 29th but I'll try to make it for a while anyway. Sam, isnt it about time you visit your brother in law? BOB
ed packard

Post by ed packard »

'bout dang time!!!!!!! This could well bring me down from the mountains. Anyone coming from the East on 40 or 60 can stay here the night before if they want; email for address, tel # etc.
Allen

Post by Allen »

Good Luck !!
Now I will have a reason to come on down, other than to visit two of my kids and three grandkids that still live there.
I lived in Chandler and Mesa for seventeen years and four of my five kids were all born and raised there.
The only thing I ask is that you schedule some events in the "cool" months. I don't miss the summer heat at all.
Allen

------------------
Allen Harry
Mullen D-10, 8 & 6
Nashville 1000

Sam Marshall

Post by Sam Marshall »

I am interested! I hardly play steel anymore, but I would be more than happy to play bass or guitar as backup!

Sam Marshall
billr

Post by billr »

Is Central AZ College between Casa Grande and Phoenix? What exit do you take off I-10? There is always something to be learned from a gathering of steelers. I'd like to go.

Bill
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

<SMALL>Is Central AZ College between Casa Grande and Phoenix? </SMALL>
billr,We will be at the Superstition Mountain Campus,it is beteween Idaho Rd. and Winchester Rd. in Apache Junction,right on the Old West Hy.
Ray

------------------
PLAYSTEEL9

Post by PLAYSTEEL9 »

Count me in, I'll be there with bells on.
but ya got to make me president or vice president or something so i don't have to work too hard. just kidding guys, you all know me, i'll do any thing you need to get this going. i hope to see about 100 arizona steel player there.
wayne
www.thebullseyeband.com

------------------
"Asleep at the steel"

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by PLAYSTEEL9 on 26 August 2002 at 09:34 AM.]</p></FONT>
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

An added thought.....Ed Packard has suggested
combining this with a steel player's swap meet. If you have any music related equipment (steels, amps, effects, CDs,etc) bring them along. All deals are at your own risk, as our group will not be responsible for any unhappy transactions. So come on out, and lets have a great time with this.

------------------
Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ

Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

I'm posting for Troy Porter,he is in the process of getting registered on the forum.

I'll be there for sure.  I had the great pleasure of spending all day Saturday at Billy Easton's home in Casa Grande.  I can't even find the words to describe his incredible playing, especially on C6.  Guy's, if you haven't heard Billy play, now is your chance.  Don't miss it.  Sounds like Miguel Smith & Danny Sneed will be there, too.  Can you imagine all that great talent in one room.  This has got to be the best thing ever for Arizona Steel Players.  I would like to thank my good friend Frank Carter for getting this started in Arizona.  Frank put it all together for the one we had last January in Globe and everyone had such a good time that we are all ready to do it again.
    Hope to see you guys on Sept 28th.

Thanks Troy,we all look forward too seeing
you.Thanks for waking us up to this potential building of the "Brotherhood" of steel guitar.
Ray
P.S.
I forgot too mention that the Dean,Dr.Larry Cline has approved the use of room 444 at no charge.He just wants to hear some real pickin in return.
------------------
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 26 August 2002 at 02:45 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 26 August 2002 at 02:46 PM.]</p></FONT>
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Thanks Ray for posting for Troy, and thanks
Troy for all the kind words. I am so humbled
at the presence of all you guys, that I don't know what to say, except thanks, and let's have a great time at this one. Maybe
some of you who will not be able to make it to the ISGC in St. Louis will be able to get
a little bit of the "steel guitar fix" at the Apache Jct Get-Together. Also, don't forget to bring any guitars, amps, effects, music related items for sale, trade, etc. Thanks and I look forward to seeing all of you there.

------------------
Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ

Fred Martin

Post by Fred Martin »

Working on plans to go down and soak up some great steel playing. May bring some trinkets for the swap meet too. Thanks Billy for letting me know about this. I need to pay more attention !
Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

Glad you guys are going to get Ed P. down from the mountain. Wish I was closer to be in on those fun times also. Best of all and lots of success. and if you have a membership application, just send me a copy and I can support in that way from Mississippi.
Bill Stafford
Gary Walker

Post by Gary Walker »

Billy I'm making plans to be there but it looks like you already have a lot of pickers so I may just come and watch. Too many, makes a long time between your turn and that's what we are trying to see that doesn't happen if we can get this Coastal jam together. Sounds like a great time though in the parched Valley of the Sun with some great guys and gals.
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

Gary,you better bring your guitar.We have a 1500 sq.ft. room,we will play in groups if we have to do it this way.I promise everyone will get in plenty of pickin.
Ray

------------------
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 29 August 2002 at 06:59 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR><SMALL>if you have a membership application, just send me a copy and I can support in that way from Mississippi.
Bill Stafford</SMALL><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill we will have them made up after our meeting when we get our by-laws and non profit status approved by the state.It will be an honor to have you as a member,thanks
Ray

------------------
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 29 August 2002 at 06:58 AM.]</p></FONT>
Hap Young

Post by Hap Young »

This sounds like a Great idea. Count me in also. Im sure there are many great steel players right here in our own back yardwho would like to partisipate in this. Ill see you at the jam.