APL*ITUNES Scam

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Lillie Powles

APL*ITUNES Scam

Post by Lillie Powles »

A music download site by the name of Apl*itunes just charged my debit card $41.81. I called my bank they stopped all charges, and will issue me a new card. Apparently i'm not the only one whos getting hit. This is an apple site i understand. I do not download music here. And have never used my debit card on any music site. Called the customer service number, got a recording of course. My bank is investigating this. Just a heads up. Here is a site about this scam.
http://getsatisfaction.com/people/luckylady
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

This scam is being conducted by people who have either stolen your credit/debit card numbers, or bought them from those who did steal them. The cards were pilfered by breaking into merchant databases belonging to some retail or online store you did business with, or by stealing your credential via a phishing email scam.

If this happens to you please contact your bank, or credit card issuer and request a refund, cancel your card and order a new one with new numbers. You can also put a fraud watch on your bank account debit card.
"Wiz" Feinberg, Moderator SGF Computers Forum
Security Consultant
Twitter: @Wizcrafts
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Lillie Powles

Post by Lillie Powles »

Thank you wiz. I do a lot of online purchases, not those music downloads though. I contacted my bank, they will issue me a refund, and new cards are on the way. I will look into that Fraud Alert you mentioned. And keep an eye on where i do my buying.
LMP
Lillie Powles

Post by Lillie Powles »

Wiz, i did some digging on this. And apparently this scam has a name. It's called the "Pint Of Milk Scam", ever heard of it? Thats whats happening here i guess. Just want all our friends to be aware and careful of this music downloading stuff. I locked down my PayPal account to.

http://blog.getsatisfaction.com/2008/04 ... s-of-milk/