My New Mullen G2

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tyler Hall

My New Mullen G2

Post by Tyler Hall »

Well here's my new toy. It ought to be here Friday and I can't wait! The folks at Mullen are the easiest in the world to work with. And I'd like to thank Mike for reluctantly putting in the pearl inlay. :lol: I'll post some more about it when I get it Friday.

Last edited by Tyler Hall on 9 Apr 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Carr
Restricted

Mullen

Post by Billy Carr »

Very nice!
Rick Nicklas

Post by Rick Nicklas »

Tyler, that is one beautiful machine. I can't wait to get mine. I ordered the U-12 in black. Did you get their stock 19k single coil pickups? Are you still playing in Branson?
Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

Tyler, Did you win the lotto? How's a good ole' boy from Alabama afford one of them? LOL

JW
Show Pro D10, Session 400
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Why was he reluctant to put in the pearl strip ??If it was what YOU wanted ??
Looks great I might add.
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Thanks guys. This one has the stock single-coils. These are some great sounding guitars. Jim, I'm finally working enough shows to be able to afford one. :lol: I'm doing 3 different shows right now, 2 here in Branson, and 1 road gig. I decided this was the only guitar I've seen that blows away my Emmons', so I bought one. Anyone that knows me knows how well I liked my LeGrande's, but these guitars are an Emmons on steriods! So I'm a Mullen man now. I'm thinking before too long I'm going to replace the old faithful black LeGrande III. :wink:

Paddy, I like to give Mike a hard time. They'll do anything and everything you want to a guitar. These people beat all I've ever seen. I've never dealt with any better or nicer people. Thanks to Del and Mike for building me such a nice guitar. You've spoiled me. Is it Friday yet????
Ernest Cawby

hi

Post by Ernest Cawby »

Tyler I love to hear you play hope you can come to Pratville so ewr can see and hear. About I talked to Larry Danly yesterday he said he is going out to Mullen and build his own guitat that would be a trip. I think he and del are close he has 2 Mullen now.

ernie
Dean Holman

Post by Dean Holman »

Hey Tyler,
That's a good lookin geetar. I want to hear it when I
get a chance to come back to Missouri. I bet it sounds killer. I'm happy for ya.
Dean
Mickey Adams

Welcome

Post by Mickey Adams »

Welcome to "the club" Tyler...Congrats!...Mickey Adams
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Thats great Tyler -- there is nothing quite like getting a new guitar to inspire you !!! Hope you enjoy it.
Randy Gilliam

Emmons

Post by Randy Gilliam »

That Mullen Sure Looks Great. How Much For The Legrande 111 ? I Might Be a Buyer. Thanks Randy 210 862 8331.
Jack Dougherty

Post by Jack Dougherty »

I want one!!!!! :cry: :cry:
Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

I'm playing 3 gigs too but I've got a little habit called eating! LOL! I did however buy a lotto ticket today and if I win I'll order a G2....

JW
Show Pro D10, Session 400
Curt Shoemaker

Post by Curt Shoemaker »

Hi Tyler, Congratulations on your new G2 Mullen. You have chosen a top quality guitar in every respect. Your appreciation for the G2's tone, and playing ease, will continue to grow stronger the longer you play it, as did mine. Hope to see you, and your new guitar later this summer.
Max Williamson

Mullen G2

Post by Max Williamson »

Hey Tyler,How are you doing,I know you will enjoy your G2. You know how I like my Mullen RP, If I wasn!t turning 75 on the 18th of this month I would be next in line for one. take care of yourself and best of luck,Always a friend. Max
Terry Kinnear

Post by Terry Kinnear »

Tyler,[ nice ] the G2 mullen , is a great steel. Del and Mike at mullen,are the best in the business. What is your serial number? Mickey adams,is number 3, mine is number 4. what a fine steel. tk
Terry Kinnear [ steel wondering]
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Guys, this is the best guitar I've ever seen. I can't believe how easy it plays. It's got sustain for days, and tone that would bring a tear to a glass eye! :lol: I got it about 7:00 yesterday, adjusted it up in about 45 minutes and took it to the club I was working. I played it last night and at the morning show I work this morning. I've got more complements about my tone than I think I've ever got. Thanks to the good folks at Mullen for building such a great guitar.
Mike Mantey

Post by Mike Mantey »

Glad you got it ok. Terry I think it was #26. It as well as every other one are just amazing. Orders are flying off the wall. Finally after 40 some years something beat the old push pulls. Those who don't believe should try one. Happy picking kid. You play well enough to deserve the best.
Bill Simmons

G2 is really impressive!

Post by Bill Simmons »

I played the G2 at the Dallas show last month about 4 different times trying to find a weak spot but I could not find anything wrong with it! The highs -- the mids -- the lows are soooooo good sounding!

I played it with the stock single coil pickups through a Nashville 112. The most impressive steel I've tried in some time! Great job Mike and Del.

Now if "The Kid" would ONLY borrow me the $$'s he has laying in his sock drawer I could order one today! :D

Bill Simmons
Mike Castleberry

Post by Mike Castleberry »

Tyler, You've got a great looking guitar. I really like the inlay on the front. Here's a pic of mine.
Tim Sergent

Post by Tim Sergent »

Very nice, Tyler! You're gonna love it even more the more you play it.

p.s.
how'd you get yours before Bethel??? I bet he's jealous!
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Tim, Bethel's already red in the face. I had to rub it in just a little. >:-) I love this thing. It's the best playing guitar I've ever set down behind. The tone is unbelievable. It's so much like the Emmons it's ridiculous. I hope your liking your new one. It's a good looking guitar. I might have to get me a laquer body before long. Be Good.
Rick Nicklas

Post by Rick Nicklas »

Tyler, what morning show are you playing in Branson? My wife and I would love to come down and hassle..err..uhh... I mean enjoy listening to you pick. The last show I went to see you at was on Gretna and was met at the door by a lady who looked like she could have taken me out with one punch. I never did get to see the show because it cancelled both days I tried, but I did get a chance to hear you guys practice just a little. What a great sound that Emmons had. Let us know the time and days... :D
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Rick, I'm working the Wade Landry morning show at the God & Country Theater here in Branson. It's mostly western swing and cajun music, but there's some good classic country in the mix too. When Wade is out on the road with Mel Tillis, Andy Coin and his wife do the show. I play with them also. It's all really good REAL country. The show runs Monday through Friday at 10 AM. I'm going to be out on the road from April 20 to 30 but I'll be back after that for a while.
-Tyler
Rick Nicklas

Post by Rick Nicklas »

Thanks Tyler. We will try to catch it before you leave. Man, what a great job that must be. If you look in Webster's Dictionary under "Musician", there is a picture of Wade Landry right next to it. :D :D
Last edited by Rick Nicklas on 15 Apr 2008 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.