Steel Guitar Show in Fulton MS

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

I can't believe that there hasn't been enough folks to express interest in the Doug Jernigan seminar. This is an opportunity to get at least 4 hours of steel guitar instruction, live and in person, with one of the legends of steel guitar!

I've been holding out on deciding at what time to start Saturday's show until I see for sure if there is going to be enough folks to have the seminar or not. If we don't have enough folks confirm within the next week, we'll omit the seminar for sure and decide on the start time for Saturday's show.

Thanks,
Lem
Joe Butcher

Post by Joe Butcher »

I know where Fulton MS is, but WHERE is the steel seminar taking place.
Hotel? Someone's backyard? Is there an address??
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

Joe,

The seminar, if we have enough to sign up, and show will be at the Tombigbee Jamboree, located at 704 Access Road in Fulton MS.

Hope to see a bunch of y'all there!
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

Hey Lem, looks like a great show coming up in Fulton. After ya'all enjoy the music, just load up the folks and head on up to Nashville and enjoy some of these same pickers at the GSGA show at the Texas Troubadour Theater the next weekend. (May 2nd and 3rd). We hope and pray that you have a good one.
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

TTT
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

Thanks Doug. I am actually hoping to do that very thing, and make it up to the Gospel show the following weekend. I believe your new venue will make it possible for many new attendee's this year.
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

LEM THIS BABIES GETTING CLOSER EVERYDAY OLE BUDDY MAKES ME NERVOUS JUST THINKING ABOUT IT ALL THEM """GOOD""" PICKERS AND I CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO HEAR THEM GETTING AT IT """W O W """" WHAT A SHOW IS GOIN ON MAN

BRINGING THAT LEGRANDE FROM UP THERE SHE IS BETTER THAN SHE HAS EVER BEEN WITH THE MOD HOPE YOU GET TO PLAY HER SHE SWEET AS SUGAR AN JUST LIKE ORANGE BLOSSOM HONEY THAT BABY IS FINE AS WINE NOW GOT THE NEW KNEE LEVER AND 2 NEW TRUETONES ON HER SHE IS READY FOR ANYONE SHE IS A SHORT KEYHEAD CHROME FRETBOARDS 8 & 5 EMMONS

TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
WHEN YOUR GUITARS TONE HAS TO BE ITS VERY BEST
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Tommy its going to be a good-un. That emmons sounds like it might be a really sweet sounding deal. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Doc said he is ready to sing some crystal gayle songs i think but i dont know her material and we might have to switch that to ernest tubb stuff LOL Jim
I wonder if Doc knowes any webb pierce
Skip Cole

Post by Skip Cole »

Bump for the Fulton Jam.
And guess i better calm ol Tommy Y. and Jim P. down fore they knock my puter on the flo , all that citement comin from um :) Lord willin, my pals and i will be about 3 rows back from the front listenin and watchin. Hope to see you fellows and especially Mr Doc "Steelgood" Rickles singin those Crystal Gyle songs. Reckon Lem will give me an autograph? :) God bless you all,
Skip & the N. Misipi Delegation
Doc Rickles

Jim Parker

Post by Doc Rickles »

Jim ,
I didn't say nothin about Chrystal Gale songs. I said I wanted to make (Your) Brown Eyes Blue.(Same color as all your steels) Ok I'll sing the only Webb Pierce song you know. Pick Me up on Your Way Down. Key of L.
Skip, Tommy, can you help me pray for this boy.
Doc
GFI Red and Black SD 10 3/4 Keyless, Fender Jazzmaster Head, Special Jensen 12" Speaker Cab, New Hilton Pedal, Epiphone ES 295,60th Aniv 52 Custom Shop Tele,Tacoma Chief CKK9C Koa Wood
Wonderful Wife who loves all this stuff.
"Steel Away and Pray Everyday."
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

DOC looks as tho you gonna have to sing a few of them WEB PIERCE SONGS so you better be learnin a few or you gotta sing CRYSTAL GAYLE STUFF,

DOC HOWD YOU GET IN THIS SPOT SINGING CRYSTAL GAYLE,maybe i can pray for him DOC but you gotta get to learnin something my guitar doesn't have and thats a ""L""" cord it has got a long one but no ""L"" doc just where can i find that combo hhhhuuuummmmmm

TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Eddie D.Bollinger

Post by Eddie D.Bollinger »

Ok now , I am nervous but this deal. I havent played a steel jam in years. You guys please be gentle with me.

Hey Tommy what do you think I ought to bring, Mullen or Carter
That new Tone aligner might do the trick on the Mullen.

Scared and excited at the same time. Yikes!

ED
Eddie Bollinger
Mullen RP D-10 w/ Max-Tone
Nash 1000, Peavey PowerSlide
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

Hey Ed,
Bring both, and play one Friday night and the other one on Saturday! :D

Skip, I think the only way I've ever been able to even give an autograph away was to put it on the bottom right corner of a check!!! haha

I don't know about "L", but I think I've hit the chord of Q flat a time or two by mistake. Ususally at the worst possible time too!!!

Also please note: I have updated the shedule on the first post, and added the times for each player on there as well.
Jack Harper

Post by Jack Harper »

hey lem;
axe billy carr if by chance he might be travelin' with the legendary "mr fender" the legend bass player from his neck o' the woods, mississippi?
'course he may be savin' up for a surprise.
i wonder if robbie turner's mama is comin'?
a real slice of country music history.
another legend, ....for sure!

bump it on up.........

country.........
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

EDDIE THAT MULLEN SOUNDED GREAT EVEN BEFORE YOU WANTED THAT HUMBUCKER ON THERE, BUT AS I REMEMBER OLE WORMY DIDN'T WANT YOU TO HAVE IT WHEN HE HERD IT, AFTER I FINISHED HAHAHAHA HE NEARLY CRIED ALL THE WAY TO ST. LOUIS ABOUT GIVING YOU HIS WORD ON IT, OLE BEN GAVE HIM A CRYING TOWEL SO HE WOULD HUSH WHINING ABOUT IT, YOU DID GET THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME ON THAT BABY FOR SURE, HOPE YOU DON'T GET SCARED AND SHAKIN LIKE I WOULD WITH ALL THEM GREATS WATCHING YOU, GET IT ON.

TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

How 'bout it, Billy? Are you bringing the bass player that Country Jack mentioned? One thing that I am still needing at the moment is a good bass player who can read charts! Anyone here that fits the bill, or knows someone who might want to come that day and play some bass? I know some folks, but no chart readin' bass players to my knowledge right now.

Jack, I haven't heard from Robby in a while. I need to touch base with him again, and when I do, I'll inquire as to whether his mom might be coming with him or not.

Tommy, when you get a chance, drop me an email or PM with some prices about pickups for the red "Bud". Both tru-tones, and the cost of rewinding the originals.

Thanks!
Eddie D.Bollinger

Post by Eddie D.Bollinger »

Tom, old Dale must have got over it. I think he has
had 4 Mullen guitars since then. :lol:

You are sure right about the tone on the Mullen, what I meant was my light system conflict with the TruTones. The "Tone" was there for sure.

I will be playing the Mullen on Saturday morning
for the Fulton show. I may need to pick up some strings from you that day too.

Thanks again,Lem, for the opportunity.

See you guys there.

Ed
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

You're quite welcome, Ed. We're glad that you could be with us this year. I do apologize for not getting in touch with you sooner, and I actually thought I had gotten in touch with all the area players that I knew how to contact. I guess in my case, it's actually true what they say about the memory being the first thing to go. Funny, but I can't remember what the second thing is supposed to be... :lol:
Jack Harper

Post by Jack Harper »

lem, jack hammer, the girls and the tombigbee gang..........
miss carissa amberly from longview, texas sends her love and best wishes for this upcoming steel guitar
throwdown!
she would like to be there but can't due to country music commitments in south texas but she knows where ya'll are and one of these nights she's a comin' to the big stage at the tombigbee jamboree, that is if you'll be behind the bar ....on steel!
she sez' she loves you, ....or was it she loves your playin', ....now, what was she sayin'....?

www.carissaamberly.com

if you can't steel for your friends......
...who can you steel for?

bump it up.........
country..........
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

Hey CJ,

I do wish that Carissa could come to the show. That young lady is one of the most talented performers that I have seen in a loooooong time! If she doesn't make the big time, I don't know who'd have a chance!

I'd be honored to play behind her, any time and any place. Playing for her at the show at the Fisk Theater in Louisiana was one of the highlights of my steel playing career. I just hope that when she gets famous, she'll still remember ol' Lembone!!! :D
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

HEY Jack she is real close to being just plain purdy, she can't be kin folkes to you no way, you gonna come by on the way to Fulton during the week and eat some of this kountry kookin, Jack

TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

THIS NEEDS A BUMP UP THE HILL

SEND HER UP

TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Billy Carr
Restricted

Fulton show

Post by Billy Carr »

T T T !
Dr. Hugh Jeffreys

An "Ole" fiddler friend

Post by Dr. Hugh Jeffreys »

Lem - Please tell Skeet Grisham "Hello" for me. We go back a long way----ie, WELO Tupelo---The voice of the Mid-South. Thanks and good luck. HJ
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

Will do, Dr. Hugh. The last time I spoke with Skeet, about a month ago, he said he hoped that you could make it down to the show, that he'd like to see you again.

Lem