'75 Emmons Lacquer Push-Pull D10 8x5 (SOLD)

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Lynn Stafford

'75 Emmons Lacquer Push-Pull D10 8x5 (SOLD)

Post by Lynn Stafford »

Believe it or not, the finish on this cabinet is ORIGINAL! I have completely rebuilt this guitar from top to bottom since purchasing it from another Forum member about a year ago. I even replaced the axles in the changers because they were worn. Set-up is standard Emmons style. Pickups are original Emmons single coil (about 19.5K ohms). This guitar plays great and sounds like a million bucks. No disappointments here, just check out these photos.

This guitar is now sold.
Last edited by Lynn Stafford on 4 Apr 2008 6:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
Best regards,
Lynn Stafford

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------
Skip Cole

Post by Skip Cole »

Mr Stafford, you have mail :D
Skip
Dave O'Brien

Red Emmons

Post by Dave O'Brien »

Lynn - It was the best sounding guitar I ever owned even though it had a few miles on it. Somebody will get agreat horn here. Good Luck, Dave
Bob Cox

Post by Bob Cox »

Man that is one smokin hot lookin guitar.Nice undercarriage and the finish is pristine.
Zeek Duff

Post by Zeek Duff »

Real nice, indeed. 'Scuse my ignorance (I'm a soon-to-be steel player thanks to Dave O), but is the red coating on those screws Threadlocker or just paint? I would assume it might help prevent vibrating out of adjustment..? Thanks!

Best regards,
...z
Lynn Stafford

Post by Lynn Stafford »

Gosh, thanks for all the kind words! It was nice of you to post a photo of you playing your old guitar, Dave. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Zeek, yes those new "nylock" screws are used to prevent them from turning out of adjustment. Lots of these PP guitars I've seen have had springs used for the same purpose. You're very observant!

Best regards to all,

Lynn
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

Lynn is an excellent PP mechanic. I've seen this guitar first-hand and it both plays and sounds killer. I can"t believe Lynn's gonna part with it.
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

I too have seen and played this guitar, you will not be disappointed. Lynn is as good a PP mechanic as you can find. Every guitar he touches works like a dream. Most players (me too) do not mess with lowering 5&6 on a PP, Lynn works his magic like no other and they work terrific when he is done.

Larry Behm
Skip Cole

Post by Skip Cole »

Bump TTT for this beautiful steel ! :D
Skip
Al Risbeck

still here ????

Post by Al Risbeck »

I can't believe it is still for sale, I bought one six months ago at that price that isn't as nice as this one !!!
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

beautiful... :whoa:

Db
Lynn Stafford

Post by Lynn Stafford »

This guitar is now on hold, pending receipt of funds from a gentleman in Texas. I'll provide an update once he receives the guitar and has an opportunity to inspect and play it. I'm pretty sure he'll love it though! I really hate to part with it... :(

Thanks for all the very kind words from all you gentlemen that have posted and emailed me.

Lynn
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

Lynn, are you just thinning the herd.......or is this sale funding a new addition to your steel corral?..............

BTW, I picked up a '97 Zum D-10 at the Dallas show. I didn't need it, couldn't afford it but I got it.....Will probably have to sell a either my Gibson Johnny A or 58 reissue Les Paul, to cover my indiscretion.
Lynn Stafford

Post by Lynn Stafford »

Tony,

No, I'm not buying any more guitars..for now anyway. Just wanted to generate a little cash to pay for some unexpected dental expenses. Man, you wouldn't believe what it cost for just one tooth implant :eek:

Congats on the Zum! Bruce builds a great guitar and I'm certain you'll enjoy playing it.

I just acquired a Sho-Bud Super Pro in a trade for a Pro 1 I had bought locally and refurbished. I'm now in the process of going through the Super Pro. Among a few other parts, I need one of those pedal rod cranks like the one you had that had broken.

My next project will be refurbishing that black mica Emmons PP 10x10. I want to sell it, so I think I'll try and find a Forumite to buy it that I can do a custom set-up for. Stay tuned...I'll be posting something along those lines before too long.

Take care,

Lynn
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

Lynn. I have an extra ShoBud pedal crank, after the magnanimous response to my recent Pro II crisis. If you need it, send me your address and I'll send it Monday.
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

Black 10 x 10 PP, for sale in the future, now that sounds exciting. Lynn loves to work on the PP's, he also has the 1st D10 and 1st S10 reissue PP's. Lynn you should post a picture of them.. Oh go ahead and post the others also. :D :D :D :D

Larry Behm
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

2,000 hits on this post, what does that indicate :?: :?: :?: An interest in old PP's?? A look at Lynn's work??

Larry Behm
Lynn Stafford

Guitar Is Back On The Market

Post by Lynn Stafford »

The buyer has unexpectedly backed out of our sale agreement, so this fine guitar is available again. Please email me with any questions you may have about the guitar. Thanks again for all the kind words guys...I really appreciate having friends like you!

Lynn
Randy Gilliam

Trades

Post by Randy Gilliam »

Lynn Are You Interested In Taking a Trade On Your PP?
Wayne Baker

Stuff

Post by Wayne Baker »

Lynn, please check your email/pm's.

Thanks,

Wayne Baker
Kristian Meisling

Very Tempted

Post by Kristian Meisling »

Lynn, Is this guitar still for sale? I can't get it out of my mind. Perhaps this guitar is meant to be mine? Kris
Lynn Stafford

Sale Pending

Post by Lynn Stafford »

I have a sale pending on this guitar. The local (Portland, Oregon) purchaser has made a verbal commitment to buy it and will be coming over Monday evening, since we both have plans for Easter. I'm glad the guitar will be staying here in the local area!

I'll make a donation to the Forum, once everything is settled.

Best regards to all,

Lynn
Kristian Meisling

Backup

Post by Kristian Meisling »

Lynn, Please let me know if the sale doesn't go through for some reason. I would still be interested. Thanks, Kris
Lynn Stafford

Sold

Post by Lynn Stafford »

b0b, please close. A donation to the Forum is on the way.
Best regards,
Lynn Stafford

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------