Denver Steel Jam

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Chuck S. Lettes

Denver Steel Jam

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

The Denver Steel Show was another great Sunday. Kaddy's Shack is an ideal venue: not too warm inside despite the over 90 degrees outside, good food, plenty of room, and a good-sized stage. Dick Meis had a good idea to have a steel player set up while another steeler was performing. That way there was little time lost between sets, plus each steel player did not have the usual frantic five minutes to set up, check the effects, and then dial in an amplifier setting. I especially enjoyed the easy-going atmosphere. There were some solid performances. I especially liked Ernie Martinez's country standards set, Tom Broderick's pop arrangements, and Daniel Jones' wide variety of tunes and great tone. An added bonus was having Scotty and Don Curtis at this show. I loved Scotty's stuff on the Fry Pan, especially those Jerry Byrd style harmonics and bar slants. Brett Billings and I also represented the non-pedal aspect of the show. As usual, it was a Mullen festival, since most of the players performed on a Mullen, including Del. I had a great time. Thank you Dick and Lois for another Steel Jam. I look forward to the next one.
Chuck<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Chuck S. Lettes on 10 June 2002 at 10:44 AM.]</p></FONT>
Pat Goodbla

Post by Pat Goodbla »

What a great Sunday. I second Chuck's comments. And Snaz was something else.
John Bresler

Post by John Bresler »

I have to agree!! I sometimes have a hard time getting my wife to attend such settings because of the smoke, but the Kaddy Shack atmosphere was great. My wife & I enjoyed the show greatly. As usual, Chuck was great. I really agree with Chuck about Dan Jones tone & great presentation (even though it wasn't country). Ernie's honky tonk steel was outstanding along with Dick Meis, Scotty, and the list is too long to complete.

I (and now my wife) always look forward to this great show.
Bill Venable

Post by Bill Venable »

I agree:
It was a great afternoon with a lot of great steel playing, coming from different angles.
Hat's off to Dick & Lois
Dennis Atkins

Post by Dennis Atkins »

I will agree with all that has been said. I took some pictures, both film and digital, and have created a web page with the digital photos. Some ok, others not ok, but the idea is to be able to show who was there.

Go to http://www.geocities.com/mnpedalman/index
to see the photos.

Dennis

------------------
MSA S-10 Sidekick
Gorilla Amp with MR-1 Effects Processor
pedalman@msn.com
visit our web page for Minnesota Steel Guitar Association
www.geocities.com/mnpedalman/index.html