Denver Steel Show June 6 Schedule of Players

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Chuck S. Lettes

Denver Steel Show June 6 Schedule of Players

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

Here's the schedule of players for the June 9 Denver Steel Show, sponsored by the Dick Meis School of Steel Guitar. Steel Jam #6 will be held at the Kaddy Shack, 550 West South Boulder Road, Lafayette, Colorado. For directions, please call Dick Meis at 303-428-4397.
12:00 Dick Meis
12:30 Bob Case
1:00 Brett Billings
1:30 Daniel Jones
2:00 Chuck Lettes
2:30 Glen Taylor
3:00 Ernie Martinez
3:30 John Arnold
4:00 Tom Broderick
4:30 Del Mullen
5:00 John Macy
5:30 Billy VanKeuren
6:00 Snaz Wall
6:30 Jam session
This steel show promises to be a musical extravaganza. See you there!
Chuck<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Chuck S. Lettes on 20 May 2002 at 05:55 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ed Webster

Post by Ed Webster »

Just got my invitation in the mail today from Dick Meis....wish I could be there; maybe another day. Sounds like a great jam...just had our Spokane jam which turned out excellent...about 21-22 steelers and a great turnout. Good luck Chuck and Dick.

ed webster
Bill Venable

Post by Bill Venable »

You can bet I'll be there. Hell it's only 15 minutes from my house. I wish you could be there to Ed. It would be fun to see you again. I think Dick deserves a lot of credit for promoting the sreel around here. And of course that means Lois also,and all the other people who help out.

------------------
Pat Goodbla

Post by Pat Goodbla »

I am not familiar with any of the players listed, or any other players from the area, but I wouldn't miss this for anything!! What an opportunity to meet and listen to so many musicians. Do any of the performers play Universal Tuning?

Thanks, Pat
Chuck S. Lettes

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

More good news! Dick Meis mentioned to me that Scotty and Don Curtis are coming in from St. Louis to play at the Denver Jam. This will be a great weekend, plus I get to hear Scotty on the Fry Pan.
Chuck<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Chuck S. Lettes on 29 May 2002 at 06:05 AM.]</p></FONT>
Barbara Hennerman

Post by Barbara Hennerman »

For those of you who do not know or have not heard Snaz, you're in for a treat. Bob played with him at the Zanza Bar for several years and truly enjoyed it. He's great!!!!
Say hey from Bob and Barbara Hennerman.
Gary Morrison

Post by Gary Morrison »

At 1:00 PM, Bret Billings will be playing a standup Fender double 8 string. (NON-PEDAL!) He plays with his band, Haldan Wofford and the Hi-Beams. They play a lot of great old Bob Wills and Hank Williams tunes. And Brett is great on that non-pedal. You're in for a treat! Image
Walter Jones

Post by Walter Jones »

Pat, make sure you get to see Del Mullen. He builds a great guitar and is also a mighty fine player. Always fun to talk to and Dixie is pretty nice also.
Pat Goodbla

Post by Pat Goodbla »

Thanks, Walter.
Red Kilby

Post by Red Kilby »

I wish I could be there and hear all these great players so close to my home, but I have got to work that day. I will be in Dalhart, Tx on the Railroad. Please fill me in on all the news Chuck.
I will see you all in St. Louis take care, www.redkilby.com