USAF Forumite gets orders back to U.S.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Wayne Baker

USAF Forumite gets orders back to U.S.

Post by Wayne Baker »

Hi fellow forumites. I just wanted to let everyone know, I'm leaving NATO comming back to the USA for the first time in three years. I have orders to Moody AFB Georgia as a first sergeant. Of course, I'll be taking my Legrande with me.

Your friend,
Wayne Baker

------------------
Emmons Legrande d-10 w/8&5 Nashville 400, peavey ultraverb II.

John P. Phillips

Post by John P. Phillips »

That's great my friend, welcome home a little early !! Oh and BTW, THANKS a million and more for serving our country as you have. Especially for those of us who wish we could, but are not able. It's people like you, who keep our country and way of life secure. Our system may not be perfect, but it's the best thing going. THANKS AGAIN !!

------------------
"Let's go STEEL something"
If it feels good, do it. If it feels COUNTRY, do it twice
jpp

Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Thank you Wayne, and welcome back home!!
Jerry
Kim Miller

Post by Kim Miller »

Welcome home Wayne! I got my first steel guitar while stationed at George AFB, CA. in 1977. Then I took it to Kunson AFB in South Korea from 1977-78. I played in a 3 piece G.I. band at the NCO and officers clubs while I was there. Then I followed our bass player to K.I. Sawyer AFB in upper Michigan, where we played for 2 years until I got out of the service. Playing in those G.I. bands was some of the most fun I've ever had. And I met some really great people. I was very proud to serve our country in the U.S. Air Force. I will always cherish those times. Good luck to you in your move to Georgia. And thank you for your service to our country. Kim
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

I personaly am very glad you are coming back Wayne,It will save me a lot of money shipping stuff to you!!!!!!! Thanks for your business and great friendship. I bet you'll have some stories to tell!!!
Keep in touch buddy,
Bobbe Seymour
Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

Wayne: I know where you're coming from !! I spent 7 years over there. Got my first Fender 1000 in England and carried it to Germany. I kept it and the Twin Reverb in my hand luggage when I flew back to the ZI as I didn't want to be seperated from it. I can still recall the thrill as that commercial 707 took off from Franfurt; I knew I was on my way home. Welcome back and you will find Georgia a nice place to be. There may not be a lot of playing gigs but it is nice being back home. Incidently, that was 33 years ago and it still seems like yesterday !! Bon Voyage !! Image Image Image Image

Best Regards, Paul
Wayne Baker

Post by Wayne Baker »

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm very glad to be returning to the U.S. and I look forward bumping into all of you at some time or another. I will be glad to plug my amp into 110v again instead of this heavy 2000watt transformer. Now if I can just figure out how to use this third finger pic, I think everything will be ok.

Thanks,
Wayne Baker

------------------
Emmons Legrande d-10 w/8&5 Nashville 400, peavey ultraverb II.