Dallas Show-Rains Steel Guitars

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Ron Stafford

Dallas Show-Rains Steel Guitars

Post by Ron Stafford »

I'd like to invite everyone to come by the Rains Steel Guitar booth at the Dallas show. Gary Carpenter, Corky Owens, Junior Knight and I will be there throughout the week to help Gary show and demonstrate his fantastic guitars and it will be a great opportunity to see some old friends and make some new ones.
We hope to see you there!
2009 Rains Ultimate D10
2007 Rains Ultimate D10
1975 Sho-Bud Pro III Custom (retired) :-)
BJS bars
Steelseat.com seats
Scott Kamp

Post by Scott Kamp »

Hey Ron,
Will you have any Rains steels with the Jimmy Day setup at the Dallas show. If I make it there, I would like to try one out.
Ron Stafford

Post by Ron Stafford »

Scott, I sent you a reply to your email. Yes, Corky Owens will have his guitar at the show and it is a Day set-up. Come by and try it out, and be sure and say hello.
2009 Rains Ultimate D10
2007 Rains Ultimate D10
1975 Sho-Bud Pro III Custom (retired) :-)
BJS bars
Steelseat.com seats
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

I plan on being there if I get out of the frozen north (Green Bay).
See you there Ron.
Scott Kamp

Post by Scott Kamp »

Thanks for your reply Ron. I've heard some good stuff about the Rains guitar, and I will stop by your display to try one out, if I can get to the show. We have a contract on our house and are in the middle of selling it, and if that doesn't interfere with me getting to Dallas, I'll surely stop by.
Bill Simmons

Day Setup

Post by Bill Simmons »

Scott...my Rains SD-10 with the Day setup will be at the booth also...play it all you like...Bill Simmons
Scott Kamp

Post by Scott Kamp »

Thanks Bill. I may take you up on trying your Rains out. By the way tell Corky Owens that David Varnado is standing here beside me, and says hello, and said Corky is a friend, and a great steel guitar player. David plays fiddle for Neal McCoy, and has played fiddle for several of the top country artist of all times. He's one of the best, and we've been recording my new gospel steel CD here at my studio. I'm trying to talk David into coming to the "Dallas Convention" and playing fiddle with some of you all. Keep your fingers crossed.
Bill Simmons

Corky -- Rains

Post by Bill Simmons »

Scott...I'll be talking with Corky tonight and will tell him for sure...see you Dallas...Bill Simmons
Donald Armstrong

Love my RAINS

Post by Donald Armstrong »

I can't go to DALLAS but wanted to say I purchased a RAINS SD10 in November and I LOVE MY RAINS

Just call Donald Jack "Rains" Armstrong.....LOL
RAINS SD10 3-4, Hilton pedal, BOSS DD3 digital delay, Nashville 112, BJS 1" bar.
J PARKER

Rains

Post by J PARKER »

I will have a new rains comming in a few days and i am really excited about it. I have owned several of them and all the people there are great guys and make a great guitar as well. You can never go wrong with a nice Rains guitar. Jim
joe long

Post by joe long »

I bit the bullet and ordered an SD-10 with the Lawrance 705 pickup.
john buffington

Post by john buffington »

I have a D-10 Rosewood on the way, it will be my second Rain's! Like I've said before: "for me, the search is over!"

John Buffington
Roy Davis

Post by Roy Davis »

Ron, it was good to see and hear you play again. I need to get a sticker for this new Rains. WARNING: May cause loss of sleep.