DON HELMS/LLOYD GREEN on WSM Radio

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Larry Miller

DON HELMS/LLOYD GREEN on WSM Radio

Post by Larry Miller »

Don and Lloyd will be on the Eddie Stubbs Show (650 WSM am) Monday night 8 April 02 at 8:00pm CDT.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Larry Miller on 07 April 2002 at 11:10 AM.]</p></FONT>
Mike Weirauch

Post by Mike Weirauch »

Lloyd is going to play two new cuts he recently made. It is worth listening just to hear these songs, TRUST ME on this one!
Mike Weirauch

Post by Mike Weirauch »

Bump
Larry Miller

Post by Larry Miller »

Can't wait!!!
Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

I was listening on the way home from rehersal as usual and I was hoping I wouldn't have to sit out in the car again but my cheap old radio shack set is picking it up just fine. They just finished playing Borrowed Angel and that was a recent thread in Tab.

It is a very nice treat listening to both of these Giants. I consider myself priviledged to have known them each over the years. Don got me on the Bar and Picks and Lloyd got me right on the pedals. Image Image Image Image

Regards, Paul
Jimmy Campbell

Post by Jimmy Campbell »

Very interesting show.
Eddie Stubbs is to be commended for this.
Sure hate to miss the jam tomorrow night.
Do they have a jam each quarter.
Thanks
Bob Putnam

Post by Bob Putnam »

Jimmy,

The NTSGA does a Super Jam every 3 months. The Jams are on the second Tuesdays of January, April, July and October. Last year we moved July's Jam to June to coincide with Fan Fair (the Tuesday before Fan Fair starts). More of the road guys are in that week.

Keep your eye on NTSGA.com also. It is without a doubt the most unbeleivable event of its kind due to the strength of the Nashville presence. It is amazing how much happens on a weekday night in 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

Bob Putnam
Jimmy Campbell

Post by Jimmy Campbell »

Thanks Bob.
Will try and make the next one, sure would like to hear this one tonight.
I really enjoyed the WSM show last night.
Jimmy
Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

Years ago Don Helms and I shared a show here in Macon, Ga. We spent a lot of the day just talking. I learned that we had a common idol in Leon McAullife when Don said his Dad used to take him to hear Leon play.

Last night he told of another thing we have in common, Fender Pro amps with a 15 inch speaker. He said he had lost one to thieves and I posted right after I got onto the Forum last year that I had lost one as well while I was in Germany. I got a Pro because Bobby Garrett was playing one (I think it was Jimmy Day's.) when I met him playing with Jim Reeves.

Now it would appear that Don had one before all of us and maybe that is where Bobby and Jimmy learned about them. Boy, is it ever a small world we live in !! Image Image Image

Regards, Paul