Peterson Stroborack tuner

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Lowe

Peterson Stroborack tuner

Post by Bill Lowe »

I put together a new rack system. I am using the Peterson rack tuner. I would like to hear from people using the stroborack and find out what you think. I am new to rack systems and would like any tips or info. Thanks Bill
JCH D10, 71 D10 P/p fat back, Telonics TCA 500C--12-,Fender JBL Twin, Josh Swift signature.
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Impressive rack Bill - how do you like the Tuner so far ??
Joe Rogers

Post by Joe Rogers »

I just got my StroboRack tuner today. Have not had an op to try it out yet, but will let you know. Opened the shipping box and saw that the unit had come out of the factory padded box. I pushed it back into the padding, closed the factory box and lifted it straight up. The unit then fell out of the other end!! Guys this tuner has a touch of weight to it. It should be lifted horizontally. ;-) I called the factory and told them they needed to tape BOTH ends of the box before it leaves the factory.

What kind of preamp are you showing in the photo?

Joe
Joe Rogers

Post by Joe Rogers »

I might add that the factory rep I talked to said that these units are built to take more than an occasional bump. The housing is heavy duty.

Joe
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

i plan on gettin' one of those Bill
so you can imagine that i'm checkin' this thread out & waitin' on the FB
;-)
Dave Diehl

Post by Dave Diehl »

I have one mounted in my rack and am totally satsified with it. Very visable, works great, and no more batteries to go dead when you least expect it.
Bill Lowe

Tuner

Post by Bill Lowe »

So far I like it. It seems to be easier to use than the strobo flip. (if that is possible) Right now I am using the Newman presets and it is working out fine. In the next few days I'll try to program a few presets and let you know how that works out. If you guys buy one be careful with the box. Mine fell out also. It does make things alot easier with no wires or clamps. The revelation preamp has a tuner out in the rear which works out great. Right now I am in tuner heaven.

Thanks Bill
JCH D10, 71 D10 P/p fat back, Telonics TCA 500C--12-,Fender JBL Twin, Josh Swift signature.
Joe Rogers

Post by Joe Rogers »

I agree with Bill's assessment of tuner heaven. I have been a long time owner of the Korg rack tuners....both the old and new models. I just spent a whole week rehearsing with a new act and got this tuner just days before my trip. I will be selling my Korg, this Peterson Stroborack is the bomb!!! Finest tuner I have ever owned.

Joe Rogers
Josh Engle

Post by Josh Engle »

I just got mine a couple weeks ago. I had a strobo-flip, and I like this better because of the bigger display, and more presets. I don't hear any noise throught it either as I did with the strobo-flip and wall wart. The one thing that really bugs be, I have to say, is for how much they are, you would think a more advanced display could have been used. The tuner is very hard to see unless you are close to eye level, or maybe on the floor pointing straight up.
I wish they have have had maybe a black screen with bright colors flashing across. I'll have to get used to it. I just like how on some of the korg tuners they used led's or colors to see. thank-you petersen for a great tuner. Maybe the next ones will have a better display .
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

well i ended up getting one & wish to say that i don't regret it one bit
i find the steel presets quite good & general funktions & use pretty easy
i'll only be using 20 % of it's capacities considering all the types of instruments that can be tuned & modified
so far, it's great for my guitboxes, electik & acoostik, lap steel & psg
my only gripe is, like Josh E, considering the size of this unit, the little display that shows the menu & settings could have been bigger
overall display settings could have been conceived better for visual ease
i had a Korg DTR1 so i'm gonna have to get used to this baby
tuning my Zum is definitly a lot better than the Korg