S10 for a beginner

Post here if you're looking for something special
Jack DArdenne

S10 for a beginner

Post by Jack DArdenne »

Hello all,

I am looking to get my first pedal steel and I can not spend more than $1000. Right now, I am considering a used GFI student for a good price and also new zum stage one. I know I do not have many options because of the money I have available, but figured I post here to see if anybody has anything. I am also open to any advice about options and brands.
Thanks,

Jack
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

To be honest, you're not going to get much for $1000 except perhaps a student model which I personally don't recommend. I'm of the beleif you'll outgrow it in about a year. That being said, keep an eye on ebay. There's a lot of student models showing up there.

I'd opt for saving a little more money and raise your bar by another $500 or so. There's a lot of great used steels for that kind of money right here in the "Instruments For Sale" section. I've recently scored two great Sho~Buds there and I've seen more than one GFI and Sierra in that same prioce range.

Good luck and be patient.
The only thing better than doing what you love is having someone that loves you enough to let you do it.

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
winston

Post by winston »

Jack
How about a Carter Starter? It has 3 floor pedals and 4 knee levers. I have one if you are interested. thanks winston may
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

I don't usually recommend a brand but if you can get this Carter for a good price, go for it. The resale isn't too bad and it'll get you started. Just keep in mind... it's a starter and as you get used to hearing these things, you'll trade up soon.

I think I heard someone say recently that these Carter Starters go for about $800 new so now you have a starting point.

All that being said, I'd be seriously considering that GFI and that Sierra as well if the price is in your range. I don't know a heckuva lot about the Jackson but do some homework on your own. The key will be patience and asking all the questions you can.

Good luck.
The only thing better than doing what you love is having someone that loves you enough to let you do it.

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
b0b

Post by b0b »

You'll find better prices on pedal steels at every level here in our own classified ads than on Ebay. I sometimes recommend Ebay for selling antique or collectible instruments, but for buying one to play? I don't think so.

I deleted 3 posts here that were undermining a member's ad, hence this little rant of mine.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
Bill Myers

Post by Bill Myers »

I just got a nice MSA D10 8 & 5 that looks good and counds great. It has a nice case and I am looking for $1350 out of it plus shipping.

Bill
Bill Myers

Post by Bill Myers »

I just got a nice MSA D10 8 & 5 that looks good and counds great. It has a nice case and I am looking for $1350 out of it plus shipping.

Bill
Jim Reynolds

Post by Jim Reynolds »

I have a Orange MSA Semi-Classic S-10 with 3 pedals and 3 Knees that I would let go for a 1000.00 + 60 shipping. Call me at 814-437-6409 this is in PA.
Joe Stoebenau

Post by Joe Stoebenau »

Hi Jack,
I have a Sierra Artist S10 3x2 for $800.00.
It comes with a wheel EZ case and both the guitar and case are in brand new condition.
Let me know if you might be interested. I'm in PA.