Croatia Airlines Sucks -Do Not Use This Airline

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Damir Besic

Croatia Airlines Sucks -Do Not Use This Airline

Post by Damir Besic »

IF ANYONE IS THINKING ABOUT FLYING THIS AIRLINE, READ THIS...

from my personal experience, avoid traveling with Croatia Airlines if possible, on the way to Zagreb,Croatia ,they were late 2 hours from Frankfurt to Zagreb and on the way back late 40 minutes and they would not pay the $600,00 fine that we got charged by Delta for being late by Croatia Airlines fault, and they don`t have any kind of customer relations office,Mr.Misetic, who is director wont even respond to your emails, they suck and stay away from them.Will post that again separate.

Db
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Well, that shoots all my plans to heck...
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

Yours too, Jim?
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Bugger - they were offering really cheap flights from NZ to Dallas !!
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

I don`t know about flights to Dallas but this airline operates in Europe and since not all of the people travel to Dallas I guess some may fly somewhere else.If you fly to Dallas than I guess you don`t have to worry about European flights, right?So ,I wouldn`t think this topic would be of any interes to you right? And ,I would guess that you probably don`t have any experience with flights in Europe, so that would make you as irelevant to this topic as this topic is irelevant to you, right?Now, if you were trying to be sarcastic, that`s ok, even people who have nothing to offer other people can be sarcastic, it doesn`t take much knowledge to do that,it`s pretty easy to do, easier than actually try to help, now, helping other people requires a little effort, right? 8)

Db
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Jim,

nothing to worry about, for US steel players European flights are issue mostly when they go play different steel conventions, but then again , those guys don`t invite just any players to their conventions, mostly the very good ones, so you`re right, we don`t have to be concern with European flights too much, well, I do, I travel to Europe quite often tho.

Db
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Thanks for the heads up Damir. I will cancel my band's tickets immediately. Who would want to fly with such a circus?
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Damir, I was just teasing and am sorry I provoked you into insulting me. As a matter of fact, I do travel to Europe at least once per year (sometimes in fact as an invited performer on steel shows.) But I've never had occasion to consider flying on Croatia Airlines (in fact, I've never been to Eastern Europe at all). I think it's great that you are warning people about this airline and hopefully it will help someone out along the way.

Best wishes,
Jim
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

They sound so bad that you just might get stuck up there :-)
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Yes, people are just standing in line to go there!

('Course, around here, it's a pretty short line. More like a dot, actually.)
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

I was just offered a job by this airline, but may refuse it if it is singling out steel players to hassel.
Anyway, I just heard that this company is about to be bought out by FBN airlines, (Fly By Night Airlines out of Nigeria). So let this be a warning to all of you road guys doing country music shows in Nigeria in the future that true to all Nigerian deals, you could lose more than $600.00.
Damir is a world wide travelier and knows his stuff, if'n he says stay away from an airline, do it!
Yep, I'm going with another airline instead. Possibly Snoop Dog and I can fly the "Soul Plane" to So. Africa later this year, yea, I like "Soul Plane!"
Wonder how steel will work with "Snoop Dog"?

I'm not signing this,,,,,,,,
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

whatever, make a fun out of it, I`m mad and trying to let of some steam, they do suck, but since they are cheap if anyone is going to Europe it may very well,end up in some kind of combination to fly with these idiots,Bobbe ,I bet Africa Airlines is way better than those clowns, I apollogoze to all and I should maybe delete this topic but I wont, even if you never have a chance to fly CA at least you know they suck.Now, go ahead and laugh, wish i could do that too. :\

Db
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

btw. many American tourists do go to Croatia, specially to Dubrovnik, and when they do, they have to use Croatia Airlines..

http://www.dubrovnik-apartments.com/web ... rable_des/
Steve Spitz

Thanks for the tip

Post by Steve Spitz »

Damir : Thanks for the heads up. I live in New Orleans ,and many , many , Croations settled in South Louisiana. To this very day , and for the past 75 or so years , they dominated the oyster business. Harvesting oysters is unbelievably hard work , and the Croats that took on this work , like you , were (and are ) industrious and extremely hard workers. GREAT people. Something you and Jim Cohen have in common. Sarcasm doesn`t transfer well to print , and likely no malicious (cruel) intent in the comments made by others.
I absolutely believe that most of us steelers are a better than average piece of society. Sometimes one of us tries to prove me wrong , but not often , and not for long.
My best friend married into a Croation family , and makes yearly visits. He loves it. I hope to visit some day. Hang in there , we are all brothers here.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

hey Steve, thanks for nice comments, but if you go for a visit remember...try to avoid Croatia Airlines :mrgreen:

Db
Jussi Huhtakangas

Post by Jussi Huhtakangas »

I have friends in Croatia and they've been talking about havin' us play there. So Damir, I do appreciate your advice.
John Roche

Post by John Roche »

But they do have outside toilets...
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

... never mind. My response was ill-considered.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Jussi,

Croatia is a beautiful country to visit and people are very nice, you will have a great time but consider flying a different airline (if possible) or if you HAVE TO use Croatia Airlines make sure to leave planty of time around their schedule because they are ALWAYS late.The thing that worries me is that customer srvice is equal to nothing and if they luse your guitar or luggage you will have a hard time dealing with them.I think there is few other airlines flying to Croatia but not sure.Maybe taking a train or bus instead CA would be better choice, at least you would know where your stuff is.

Db
Michael Lee Allen

Post by Michael Lee Allen »

DELETED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 26 Feb 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Parish

Post by Frank Parish »

I think I'll just drive next timeI go and maybe I should take my own lunch along!

:D [/img]
Jim Gorrie
Location: Edinburgh ~ road works congestion capital of The World.

Post by Jim Gorrie »

John Roche wrote:But they do have outside toilets...
. . . . . is that in Croatia, OR on the planes ?

Seriously ~ I've been to Croatia and it surely is a beautiful country and fully intend to return there again.
We flew on a UK based airline which flies direct from Edinburgh to Pula as well as Dubrovnik. We didn't spot any Croatia Airlines planes.

(P.S. -- We didn't encounter ANY outside toilets anywhere ! )
They told me I was gullible ~ and I believed them.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

no big deal unless you have a connecting flight you have to make...as we did...
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

We haven't flown anywhere since 2002 when we went to a class re-union in Houston. Some security gal scared the wits out of my wife doing a pat-down, yeah my wife looks like a real terrorist, she's been told a few times that she is a dead ringer for Angela Lansbury. I'll probably fly to Nashville in Oct to a military reunion, but I'm looking at other options. Thanks Damir.
Archie Nicol

Post by Archie Nicol »

Get some well known Croatian tennis player to put a curse on the airline. A lot of them are into the occult.
Take big Goran, Ivanisevic!

Arch.
I'm well behaved, so there!