Anyone know how to contact Jeff Newman?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

And lets not forget about the steel guitar builders. Why would anyone buy used? :\

All kidding aside, if the instructional material is in good condition and the lessons are still relevant today, i.e. it has held its value, I'd say that does help sell Frans inventory. A wise buyer might want the later technology (DVD, CD instead of video and audio tape) and might buy it with the understanding of selling it to recoup some of the cost one day.

As for me, I'm like Ray and have a Jeffran stack to process. :D

I always say let the free market work--eBay away!
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Ken Pippus

Post by Ken Pippus »

I have also had experience with Fran not returning emails. Not good business practice in this millennium.

KP
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

If you'll go to the links above you'll find the appropriate site for Jeffran College. Click on it and you'll find at least two phone numbers. I have never failed to reach Fran at the 800 number.

For convenience 704 543 6059 or 800 373 3418
The only thing better than doing what you love is having someone that loves you enough to let you do it.

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
Sandra Harlor

Post by Sandra Harlor »

Thanks to all members for your input.
I have been trying to contact Fran or about 6 weeks now and have now bought the course through Billy Cooper's Music. So they would be buying through Fran originally.
Thanks for everyone's input.
Sandra
Geoff Barnes

Post by Geoff Barnes »

Hi Sandra,
good to see another Aussie on the forum!
I'm in the same boat as you with Fran not responding to emails... I also wrote Wanda Cooper around 6 month ago and am still waiting for her to get back to me... your success is an inspiration. I might have another go.... I got a book of Billy Cooper TAB as part of the package when I bought my steel last year, and it is also very good (I spent last Xmas/summer break teaching myself "I'll be There"... cool stuff.

Re phoning; Here in Australia, we are in a different time zone to the US... I know when I arrive at the studio at 9.00am Aus time, you folks are packing up to go home "yesterday"... so phoning support is both expensive and tricky because of this time difference.
I can fly halfway across the planet and arrive Stateside on the day I left, in spite of a 20+ hour flight.
So we usually depend on email to talk to y'all in the Northern Hemisphere.... and cop the caning on the exchange rate and shipping... but such is the love of playing this wonderful instrument that it is all worth it and (usually) factored in at the point of getting the hankering to have at it. :)
Plus international calls are very expensive....this is worth repeating.
Too much equipment....I think I need help.