Asleep at the Wheel sighting

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jerry Erickson

Asleep at the Wheel sighting

Post by Jerry Erickson »

AATW wre at the Champaign CO.Fair last night.
From all reports they were great(as usual).
David the drummer and Jason the fiddle player
stopped into the Rose Bowl and played a set with us,unfortunately Jason didn't bring his fiddle. Had a fun time with them. Cindy Cashdollar has been in the steel chair this week with reports that Big Jim Murphy's taking the position for the next road trip. Sounds like fun, hope they come back though some time soon and on a night when I could get oput to see them.
Earl Erb

Post by Earl Erb »

Picked with Murph tonight and his first gig with AATW will be August,10 somewhere in Texas. Image
Mark McAfee

Post by Mark McAfee »

AATW will be in Greenville, SC Thur. Aug. 30 -- ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL. Get back -- Asleep at the Wheel! Here? In Greenville? At The Handlebar? Nine-time Grammy Award-winning Texas swing band marks a massive Handlebar booking coup. After 25-plus years, Ray Benson and his mighty band of music-makers play the world's best, most intimate concert venue in one of the biggest events in Handlebar history. $20 8:30 p.m.

Allen

Post by Allen »

Just got back from Steamboat Springs, Colorado. I saw that AATW is scheduled for August 26th at 7:00 PM in the "Strings in the Mountains" music tent. This is a small venue with good seating and stage visability. Program lists the show at $25.
If you are in the area and looking for a great weekend, I highly recommend staying at one of the lodges at Ski Time Square, on the mountain.

------------------
Allen Harry
Mullen D-10, 8 & 6
Nashville 1000

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Allen on 03 August 2001 at 12:20 PM.]</p></FONT>
Fred Jack

Post by Fred Jack »

Somewhere in Texas August 10 is right here in Bay City Texas US of A !!!
fred

John Gretzinger

Post by John Gretzinger »

We saw The Wheel at the Ventura County Fair on August 2nd. They did two totally different shows.

Very cool show in an intimate outdoor setting. Ray and the boys played about twice as long as they were scheduled for during the late show.

Best $7.00 I've spent in a long time.

jdg

------------------
MSA D-10
'63 Gibson Hummingbird
16/15c Hammered Dulcimer

Terry in H-town

Post by Terry in H-town »

Yea they just did a show with Willie here in H-town (the Woodlands)on the 12th. Gary Allan was there, Dwight Yoakam, Great show! Image