BMI Steel on Ebay

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Papa Joe Pollick

BMI Steel on Ebay

Post by Papa Joe Pollick »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beck-Lap-Steel-Guit ... dZViewItem
What do you folks think this might bring? I made a bid on it.PJ :?
Don Poland

Post by Don Poland »

Looks like it has an original BL705 pickup on it too. Might be a pretty good deal, if folks don't go nuts in the next 5 days.
Stan Paxton
Location: 1/2 & 1/2 Florida and Tenn, USA (old Missouri boy gone South)

Post by Stan Paxton »

Haven't we seen that one on there before? with the pedal bar facing backwards like that? :roll: maybe pirated pix, I don't know. Does look like a nice guitar. ...
Mullen Lacquer SD 10, 3 & 5; Mullen Mica S 10 1/2 pad, 3 & 5; BJS Bars; LTD400, Nashville 112, DD-3, RV-3, Hilton VP . -- Gold Tone PBS sq neck; Wechter Scheerhorn sq neck. -- "Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone." -anon.-
Randy Carson

bmi

Post by Randy Carson »

I emailed the seller and ask for a frontal pic and she said what did i mean. i explained very plainly, saying the part where it would have bmi on it, or if you were playing it and someone wanted to take your picture.
I never heard back?
So go figure
RC
Papa Joe Pollick

Randy, that IS the frontal view.Look again..The pedals are not hooked right and at a glance can be confusing. :D PJ
Randy Carson

bmi

Post by Randy Carson »

I'll take another look, but did you see the bmi name on the guitar anywhere?
I was looking for a pic of the front apron, is that in there?
Thanks
Randy
Bill Hatcher

Re: bmi

Post by Bill Hatcher »

Randy Carson wrote:I emailed the seller and ask for a frontal pic and she said what did i mean.
I never heard back?
So go figure
RC
I get that same response when I ask females for a "frontal pic". :-)
Papa Joe Pollick

Randy Carson

bmi

Post by Randy Carson »

I thought it was a blue guitar?
Kevin Mincke

Post by Kevin Mincke »

Nice clean original BMI! Wouldn't be surprised if it goes for $1200+ Not quite sure what they have the pedals rods attached to on the other end, but needless to say is backward :?
Randy Carson

bmi

Post by Randy Carson »

ok,
i get it now. there are two bmi guitars on ebay. one is blue which i'm talking about and the other is the guitar that is on this post. i never thought to click on the link since i had seen a bmi on ebay that was blue that has no frontal pic on it.
the starting price on the blue one is 1195, unless it's already sold.
so that explains it.
Jon Zimmerman

BMI with "piano" style footlevers..

Post by Jon Zimmerman »

Looks to me like a 'helpful Ebayer' got the lady to setup correctly--new pics added, and the mention that she had never seen it set up before. This has a pickup in it that is one of my favorites. If it didn't get bid up any more, it would be a great 'steal'..but I imagine more interest will follow. 8)
Jerry Delpaz

BMI

Post by Jerry Delpaz »

I also saw the add on Ebay.This is the second time it has appeared I believe.It is a good one.A 3 & 3 can do most anything you need.I think it will probably go for around 900.00 or a little more,but it looks good.Still think I've seen it before..Jerry
Jon A. Ross

It's mine

Post by Jon A. Ross »

Hi all-I am both new here and to the world of psg, and it's all very exciting! I bought this, and whatta long strange trip. The shipping took forever (still not sure of all the details, but I chalk it up to typical ebay/UPS idiocity), and I probably paid too much. My experience with this makes me want to strongly urge any other beginners to make sure you buy from an actual player or dealer. This thing was a train-wreck. I can only assume it was owned by some "rugged individualist" who had no desire to adhere to any conventions, or an idiot. It had a C6 string set(!) and the under side was
Image a tangled mess. I sure learned a lot (starting from knowing absolutely nothing about the mechanics of psg) in a short amount of time, and have just about got it straightened out and playable. I will be contacting BMI and obtaining some parts next week, but for now, I have my Winnie Winston book, and am "wailing" on Red River Valley! What an incredibly joyous noise!! I am hooked and there's no turning back!!
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Welcome to the family, Jon. That is a gorgeous guitar.
Lee, from South Texas - Down On The Rio Grande

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat