Bobbe Seymour will play at MASS BASH

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Joe,
I'm going to include Bill Hankey in some big stuff in the Tex-Nash show. (Soon to be anouncing the date).
Bobbe-------- (and you too!)
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Hey Bill,is Smiles really gonna' be here?
We should play Dueling steels together, or against each other, Wow! would the banjo players hate that! We might make the next Deliverence movie, on the porch, not in the woods! DUELING STEELS! WOW! I think its gonna happen!
Bobbe (Big thumbSeymour)
Bill Hankey

Post by Bill Hankey »

Bobbe,

Speaking of big thumbs, brings back some memories of bygone days. In the late 60's I worked with an ace welder for a few years. One of his favorite habits was to trudge over to a 500 pd. cap. feed scale, and with a friendly smile he would push with his thumb trying to raise the beam. He never succeeded, but I demonstrated how to bring up the beam by leaning on the platform, and squeezing the scale platform down. The down side of that practice, for a steel guitarist, would be a three month case of thumb tendonitis. Bill H. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bill Hankey on 22 June 2001 at 08:11 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bill Hankey on 22 June 2001 at 08:16 AM.]</p></FONT>
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Doug change in plans we will be there to the Mass.Steel bash.
Sam White R.I.Steel Guitar Assoc. Pres.
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Good Sam, we're looking forward to seeing you and some other pickers from out your way... Tony, Len, Manny, and others. I know you'll have a good time. This is turning into a Forum convention!

------------------
www.dougbsteel.com

Bill Hankey

Post by Bill Hankey »

Bobbe,

Looking forward to meeting you at the MA BASH !! The time has flown, just eight more days. Bill H.
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Er I belive there is now only 7 days left.

------------------
CJC

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hey Doug & Bill
Buy this time next Sunday I should be on the Mass. Pike and there about 10:00 to 10:15.I will be leaving Rhode Island just about 8:00 AM.It should take me about two hours if my wife does'nt jump on me to slow down.She tells me your not at the Seekonk Speedway now. I use to race Stockcars there back in the early 60s.I should have started to play Steel instead of waiting until I hit 60 years old.I have been playing four years and four months and have a ways to go.SEE YOU NEXT SUNDAY AT THE BASH.I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THERE.
SAM WHITE
S-10 FESSENDEN DOUBLE BODY RED 3-4
S-10 WHITE STEEL GUITAR OFF WHITE GOLD SPECKS 3-4 self built
Scott Camara

Post by Scott Camara »

Just 1 more week - I can't wait! This is my first steel show that I will be attending and it looks like its going to be incredible. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the folks from this forum.

------------------
Scott Camara
Emmons S10 p/p
McKenna Resophonic
Marrs RGS
ODE Banjo
www.rafterbats.com
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

I'll be leaving Sat. morning and staying over nite in jamestown N.Y.. Weather is the big plan buster, Hope I don't have to drive,but will if nesessary. Really looking forward to seeing you great guys and I know one day won't be long enough! Just don't put me on last!----- Just kidding.
Bobbe
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

This is the 13th as I'm writing this, The plane is fueled and waiting to head north to Pittsfield Mass. The weather is looking good for the trip and I'll bring a few CDs and video tapes for those who want them.I'll be leaving Jamestown NY airport early Sun. morn and be in Pittsfield by 9 AM Sun. Jeff Peterson will be running the store Sat. so I can leave for NY, Guess I can trust him, Clint Black has for the last 14 years. SOMEONE GET ME FROM THE AIRPORT!
Bobbe----See youse guyz there!(Y'all).
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Iv'e just desided, I'm not gonna go,To far, only one day,and the foods bad,no one knows me up there anyway,Think I'll just stay here and drink,(with Merle).------------------------------Just kidding, someone said I already went and had a great time.
Bobbe