Regarding Laptops & Band in a box

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Dick Rivera

Regarding Laptops & Band in a box

Post by Dick Rivera »

I purchased a Gateway Laptop to run Biab. The Laptop produces to much electronic noise. My HP tower works fine. Anyone out there using a Laptop without noise problem? Thanks, Dick
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

What kind of "electronic noise" are you getting? There are many that run BIAB on a laptop. Should be no different than running it on a desktop.
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Dick, I had an electrical noise problem with my laptop connected to my amp when using BIAB. I corrected the problem with a ground lifter, one of those three prong to two prong adapters. The noise also went away when I ran the laptop on the battery only.
Dick Rivera

Regarding laptop vs. tower

Post by Dick Rivera »

Jack, that's what I thought. I've since found out that is not always the case. In fact, one of the Dell models is famous for noise problems. I'm returning my laptop and will investigate futher. Dick
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

There are some that have had "cracks and pops" problems but usually that can be resolved. I don't get into Dell laptops that much (I mostly support desktops) so I'm not up on all the issues that they specifically have.
Dick Rivera

Found main Laptop for noise. Dick

Post by Dick Rivera »

The noise emenated from the "Jeff Newman 'D' lever" DVD. It sounded like the mixer was ungrounded. I Played an Eagles DVD perfect. Next, played an MP3 song from the laptop, again perfect. I should have kept it simple and checked the DVD first, Oh well. Dick