fender 2000

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Errol Rafferty

fender 2000

Post by Errol Rafferty »

Hi everyone! Two or three months ago I took my F 2000 out of the case where it had been resting for 30 years. I managed to tune it and awaken some of my old skills but I have that dreaded CHANGER HANG. When setting up, I noticed moderate corrosion. I think it best
to remove the changer to compleetely clesn and lube. I have a QUESTION; Do little pieces go flying everywhere or does the changer hang together as a unit when removed? I did searches on this Forum but did not find the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THX!
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=121578
Let me know if you find out. If you check my restoration tab you'll see I'm just about to do just that. :whoa:
Errol Rafferty

Post by Errol Rafferty »

I certainly will Alan. I had implants to remove cateracts in my eyes earlier this year and I haven't found satisfactory reading glasses, hence am worried about "little pieces flying everywhere."
Phillip Telford

Post by Phillip Telford »

The only parts that are separate on the changer is the pull finger. They're not attached to the changer, they just float on top. You will of course have the tuning screws and springs you would have to keep an eye out for. Hope that helps,
Phil.
Errol Rafferty

Post by Errol Rafferty »

Thanks Philip. That helps; and yes I noticed the tuning screws and springs are mounted separately from the changer, as a unit.
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

Check my tab. Basil has explained how to do it. :D

Like you, I'm apprehensive about little parts being lost amongst the sawdust on my workshop floor. My Dad used to take watches to pieces and could never figure out how to put them back together again. It didn't stop him trying though, over and over again. After he died I cleaned out his workshop and there were about 20 disassembled watches and several trays of little wheels. I guess it was a challenge for him... :roll: