FOR SALE: NEW 1983 Shobud Pro 1 New- SOLD!! SOLD!!

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Al Vesel

FOR SALE: NEW 1983 Shobud Pro 1 New- SOLD!! SOLD!!

Post by Al Vesel »

For Sale: 1983 Shobud Pro 1 (new)!!! Well 10-15 total hours of playing time in 25 years . It is not even broke it yet by any means. I would rate this guitar a 10 out of 10.

I bought this from a gentleman who purchased it brand new in 1983. His story to me was that he attempted to play it when he got it in 1983. Where he lived there were no steel players to teach him, so he tried to learn on his own, got frustrated, like so many do, and after an attempt of a couple of hours he put it away for a while. He told me he took it out every once in a while to try to learn, and never could learn. He said through the years, he has no more than 10-15 hours of use on it. The guitar has never left his house, ever!!! And by looking at it, you can tell. Totally beautiful guitar and case.

Look at these awesome pictures!!! THIS IS NOT A REFURBISH PEOPLE-IT IS NEW!! It's like stepping back to 1983.

It is standard Emmons set up - 3 pedal 2 knee lever double lower/triple raise all-pull changer.
There is not a thing wrong with this guitar. It plays and sounds like the gem it is. No scratches on the finish or pings or blemishes. It shines like a pretty penny.

There is no wear on the changer, rods, keys, etc. Look at the pictures of the undercarriage, also no dirt, no grime. I'll say it again, for all practical purposes THIS IS A NEW GUITAR!! Like all buds, it has that fantastic tone.

Look at the case, not a scratch on it inside or out. It was kept in a dry closet. There is no smell at all and the inside of the case is also brand new, with that beautiful blue felt lining. Guitar also comes with a Jim Dunlop 7/8" bar that, like the guitar, is brand new.

Price: $2,100.00 o.b.o. plus $60.00 shipping lower 48

I can be reached at alvesel@mchsi.com
phone 218-254-2082
Payment methods: Money Order, Personal Check,
Paypal (if using paypal add 3-1/2% for their fee
that they charge)

Image :D :whoa: :whoa: :whoa:
Last edited by Al Vesel on 4 Dec 2007 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
Chris Boyd

Post by Chris Boyd »

WOW!!!
Sean Ray

Post by Sean Ray »

Now that's a true closet classic. :whoa:
JAMES BANKS

Post by JAMES BANKS »

Al, that is a beauty. Wish I had the cash, it would be mine. BTW the Art Processor is working out just fine.
James
Al Vesel

Post by Al Vesel »

Jim
Glad you are enjoying the ART Processor. Yes this guitar is a beauty. Everytime I walk by it I have to take a 2nd look!!! I would keep but I just had my 1973 firstyear LDG redone by Ricky Davis, and don't need 2 beautiful buds. Would love to have them, but finances require me to part with one.

Whoever gets this guitar, will never regret it.

Al Vesel
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

The case alone has my jaw open. :)
Jackson Steel Guitars
Web: www.chrisledrew.com
Jim Kennedy

Post by Jim Kennedy »

My 83 looks just like this one except it was gigged quite a bit. And Duane Marrs signed the inspection tag. Some dings and checking, some of the lacquer is worn off over the knee levers. After a thorough cleaning and lube job it plays great,stays in tune, and has great tone. The only thing that would make it better would be for it to look like yours. Someone will be way beyond satisfied with this guitar.
ShoBud Pro 1, 75 Tele, 85 Yamaha SA 2000, Fender Cybertwin,
Richard Tipple

bud

Post by Richard Tipple »

Beautiful :D

What year is the Bud, its a few years after mine I believe ?
Martin Zak

Post by Martin Zak »

Hi Al: Sure is a beauty!! You manage to turn up some nice steel! If I didn't have one exactly like it I would buy this one! This should go quick! Regards.....MZ
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Richard; Al's is like 9 years after yours.
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Richard Tipple

bud

Post by Richard Tipple »

Thanks Ricky
& thanks for being the BUD man on the forum :)
Al Vesel

Post by Al Vesel »

Richard,
I was hesitant on answering your question, because I was not sure what year your's was. I thought it was around a 74 or 75, but I figured I'd leave that to the experts, like Ricky, to answer. Which, he did, by the way.

Your's also is a beauty.

It's so nice to see some of the bud's coming out of the woodwork.

Yes, Martin, I've been fortunate to find these diamonds. I sold one to Martin just like this a few months back. Almost identical to this guitar. 2 pristine Shobud Pro 1's within a few months. What's the odds of that?? Hopefully I can find a 3rd, which will be the charmer.

Al Vesel
Roger Kemp

Post by Roger Kemp »

Hey Al where do you find all these deals?
You forgot to Send me a pic of your redone LDG!
Al Vesel

My 73 LDG redone by Ricky Davis

Post by Al Vesel »

Roger
You can find a picture of it by looking under the "pedal steel" section in the forum. Then under that about the 3rd or 4th thread down you'll see "a classy shobud look". Click on that and you'll see mine and Ricky Davis'. Then look down a few more items on that page and you'll see quite a few Shobud's redone by Ricky. Nice view. If you have trouble find it I can email you a picture. I haven't received the guitar back yet. Ricky will be shipping it today or early next week.

TXS Roger for asking.

Al Vesel
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Roger you mean this one>
ah.....ha.
Sorry for hijacking the thread with this beautiful LDG of Al's...but it was asked to be seen and couldn't resist...ha.
Folks to find a "Red" Shobud Pro I in this nice of shape is a needle in a haystack...better jump while you can.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Al Vesel

TXS Ricky

Post by Al Vesel »

TXS Ricky, coming from you that means a lot!! This baby speaks for itself.

Al
Al Vesel

Post by Al Vesel »

T.T.T. for a great new Pro 1
Al Vesel

Post by Al Vesel »

Bump for a great Pro 1 (NEW)
Al Vesel

Post by Al Vesel »

TTT
Al Great guitar
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

That guitar is identical to my '78 except for the unfaded cherry finish and the missing bar dings.

This particular 3+2 setup puts the E levers on the right knee rather than the more common left - not a "standard" setup but by separating these from the left leg and it's incessant lateral action it allows for a really tight and fast action, especially handy when it's time to show the blues jocks that they just maybe ain't seen nothin' yet....
Al Vesel

Post by Al Vesel »

Bump for a great bud!!

Al Vesel
Al Vesel

Post by Al Vesel »

Bump!! Bump!! For this beauty-

Al
Al Vesel

Ebay bound if not sold this weekend on the forum!!!

Post by Al Vesel »

If no response over the weekend this baby will have to go to EBAY!!!!!!

Al Vesel
Al Vesel

Pro 1 SOLD!!! SOLD!!!

Post by Al Vesel »

Bob,
The beautiful Red Shobud "new" Pro 1 is sold.
PLEASE CLOSE OUT THREAD-DONATION TO FOLLOW!

TXS- and steel is going to new home in Arizona-
to fellow forum member NORM PRATT

Good luck Norm and enjoy this beauty. I will miss looking at it every day.

Al Vesel