NOT for sale Zane Beck SD10

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Norris Ashment

NOT for sale Zane Beck SD10

Post by Norris Ashment »

For sale this Zb serial #0678. Basic Emmons set up om left knee. RKL lowers 6 full step and raises 1st 1/2 step.RKR lowers 2nd string 1/2. could do a 1/2 and full if set up right. Could use a new 4 string 1/2 step pull rod, but still works. Greg Jones has these. 3 pedals. Extra set of pedal pull rods and more knee lever pull rods.
Has a real nice case also.
Has set in a recording studio for the last 10 years. The 1st $1000.00 plus shipping takes it.
Contact me with any questions you might have.
Norris Ashment
Stan Paxton
Location: 1/2 & 1/2 Florida and Tenn, USA (old Missouri boy gone South)

Post by Stan Paxton »

She's a beauty; Duncan Hodge needs to see this :lol:
Mullen Lacquer SD 10, 3 & 5; Mullen Mica S 10 1/2 pad, 3 & 5; BJS Bars; LTD400, Nashville 112, DD-3, RV-3, Hilton VP . -- Gold Tone PBS sq neck; Wechter Scheerhorn sq neck. -- "Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone." -anon.-
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

I've already seen it Stan...why is this beautiful ZB staring me right in the face, mocking me and my current Dickens-like state of poverty? Why do ZB's have to look so great, sound the best, and be the heaviest? Why do I start all of my sentences with "why"? I don't know. Anyway, I'm lookin' good and hard at it Stan. And after my second hard look I'd say that it looks more like an S-10 as opposed to an SD-10.
Duncan
Norris Ashment

ZB

Post by Norris Ashment »

You are right Duncan. I guess I'm just used to saying that
Norris Ashment

Pulling ZB from sale

Post by Norris Ashment »

I'm sorry guys but after setting here playing this guitar this morning I just can't sell it. I need two steels like I need a another hole in my head,but this plays and sounds so nice and is so pretty I am going to keep it.
Norris
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

I would bet big money that there were several people with their fingers poised above the send button, just a couple of heartbeats away from going for it. I was surprised it didn't sell in the first hour.
Enjoy it.
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Hey Norris,
I am one of those people who was thinking long and hard about your beautiful ZB. Man, yours is in fantastic shape. I think you made a great call on keeping it. I have almost the exact same finish, except that mine
IS an actual SD-10. I absolutely did not need another one, but yours looked so great I almost couldn't resist. Play it in great health and when you are depressed, just go and look at it. You'll feel better...works for me every time.
Duncan (with the other red ZB)

Image[/img]
Norris Ashment

Eye candy

Post by Norris Ashment »

You know Duncan you are right. When I'm setting here playing my Magnum,strat or tele I just look this and look at the wood in this guitar and it gives me a nice fuzzy warm feeling and I can almost hear a little Buck Owens coming from it.
Larry Chung

Post by Larry Chung »

Hi Norris:

I'm glad you came to your senses. These single neck ZBs are getting harder to find, and yours looks absolutely lovely.I'm sure it sounds like a ZB should, and I agree, they are fun to just look at, too. The red finish and fine birdseye maple are particularly striking. Thank you for posting the pictures for all to see!

Greetings, Duncan - you look quite happy behind your sunburst SD-10. (:

All ZBest,
LC
Norris Ashment

ZB sound

Post by Norris Ashment »

HI Larry. The sound of this old ZB is just great.At one point I had a sho-Bud super Pro and it about drove me nuts. I could not keep it in tune at all and the sound just did not sound right. I always thought of the ShoBuds as the king of vintage guitars. After a chat with Ricky Davis I knew it had to go.
I came upon this one by chance and ater the other let down didn't expect much. None of the knee levers worked. After checking out I could see it wouldn't much to make it right.
I thought it would be a fun project and what a total surprize it turned out to be. I just love it.
Norris
Mark Bragg

If you change your mind...

Post by Mark Bragg »

I would take it for sure. I currently have no steel :( And am holding out for something as sweet as this. It's gorgeous.

All the best!

M.
www.markbragg.com
Russ Tkac

Post by Russ Tkac »

Norris,

I hope you enjoy it. That is one sweet steel!

All the best,
Russ
Norris Ashment

ZB

Post by Norris Ashment »

Thanks Mark. Every one has been so under standing about me changing my mind but I do feel a little rotten about it. You Are all a great bunch of guys.