Want to buy a used pedal steel guitar

Post here if you're looking for something special
Al Wiebe

Want to buy a used pedal steel guitar

Post by Al Wiebe »

Hi
I'm a beginner and I want to buy a used pedal steel and I live in the Pacific Northwest (White Rock, BC.) I would like to purchase one that is anywhere around Vancouver, BC to Seattle, Wa. I don't know very much about them but I've owned a Maverick in the past and I would like to get a better model. Not sure what model or features.
thks :)
Phil Sikes

Post by Phil Sikes »

Al, I have a nice MSA Universal 12 string with 8 pedals and 5 knees that I will part with. I live down on Whidbey Island so not too far away from you if you want to come see and play the steel.

Phil
Beard Jerry Douglas Signature, RBA B Bender Tele, Larrivee OM60, Kanile'a Super Tenor Ukulele, Kala U-Bass, Fishman Loudbox Mini and Nechville Saturn banjos.
Gary Meyer

Post by Gary Meyer »

I have a Sierra Artist (3 floor pedals and 2 knee levers) and also an MSA Classic,with 3 floor pedals and 4 knee levers. Both are in good condition and very solid. They are listed in the "instruments for sale" section. Or you can email me.Thanks,Gary
Al Wiebe

Hi Gary,

Post by Al Wiebe »

I can't make it down to Sacremento and I just can't buy a guitar without seeing and playing it - sorry.
Al
Steve Norman

Post by Steve Norman »

Phil what are you asking for that thing?
GFI D10, Fender Steel King, Hilton Vpedal,BoBro, National D dobro, Marrs RGS
Phil Sikes

Post by Phil Sikes »

Hi Steve, These seem to be going for anywhere from $1500 to 1800 with case several sets of strings and all. This one also has a pedigree since it was made for Junior Knight. I am also open to trades towards a Dobro or good lap steel. Al does have first right of refusal since he posted first.

Thanks - Phil
Beard Jerry Douglas Signature, RBA B Bender Tele, Larrivee OM60, Kanile'a Super Tenor Ukulele, Kala U-Bass, Fishman Loudbox Mini and Nechville Saturn banjos.
Al Wiebe

Re: Universal Guitar

Post by Al Wiebe »

Hi Phil,
I have been reading a bit (I had no idea what a Universal guitar is) and I am going to pass on yours. I am looking for an S10 3 x4 or SD10 3x4 - something that is just the pro model of the Maverick that I partially understood. I am also looking to spend no more than $1200 so that also puts me out of your area. However, looks like you have someone else interested so good luck. I'm sorry I wasn't more specific but I'm learning.
thks for your time
Al
Phil Sikes

Post by Phil Sikes »

Not a problem at all Al, good luck in your search, I am sure something will come along for you.

Phil
Al Wiebe

Close

Post by Al Wiebe »

Close
Al Wiebe

Please close

Post by Al Wiebe »

Hi
I've arranged to buy Loren Bayle's Marlen S10 when he gets his new axe fixed so please close this posting. I want to thank all the steeler's who have given me their time and knowledge - it was really appreciated.

I look forward to getting my new Steel.

thks
Al