Irish Steel Guitar Festival 13-14 Oct Drogheda, Co . Louth

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Richard Nelson

Irish Steel Guitar Festival 13-14 Oct Drogheda, Co . Louth

Post by Richard Nelson »

Yes its happening again folks . Russ Hicks , Jim Cohen, and some of us European types...hope to see you there . www.steelguitarireland.com
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Really wish I could be there with you. Sounds like another great show for sure!
Anne Marie O Keeffe

Count us in

Post by Anne Marie O Keeffe »

John and I will be there this year. Missed it last time. Unfortunately the "ticket seller" won't be accompanying us this year. She's getting too old for trips with Mum and Dad!!! :lol:
Allan Thompson

Post by Allan Thompson »

Can't have a show without the TICKET SELLER. Look forward to seeing you both in Drogheda.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Looking forward to returning to Ireland! See you soon!
Jimbeaux
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Bump!
Marcel Parijs

Irish Steelguitar Festival 2007

Post by Marcel Parijs »

Looking forward to play on the festival this year.
And listling to all great players included one of my favourite singer "Gene Watson".

See you soon you all.

Sincerely,

Marcel Parijs
( Holland)
Gerry Hogan

Post by Gerry Hogan »

Richard,

I look forward to seeing and hearing you, Russ, Jim, Lionel, Dave Hayward, Hans de Jong and a whole list of great players and friends from Ireland, the U.K. and mainland Europe, in Drogheda this coming weekend (13 & 14 October). Of course, Derek, Dave, Bob and Bernie will be there along with me, as part of The Travelling Newburys! We're going to enjoy ourselves, as always! :D

I urge any steel players and fans of steel guitar, who are close enough to The Europa Hotel, Drogheda, to attend this excellent event. Please come and say hello to Barbara and me! :D

I am thankful to have been asked again this year and I feel privileged to be a small part of the proceedings. :D

Gerry
Phil ONeill

Post by Phil ONeill »

Just a few words on the 6th Annual Irish Steel Guitar Festival .
The whole thing went great and everyone appeared to enjoy it
from beginning to end. Our top of the bill was Russ Hicks and he was
world class on and off the stage.He just fit in with everything that was
going on.Jim Cohen and Hans De Jong could headline the show themselves
and they were a joy to our ears.Dave Hayward was one of my favourites and
Donny Johnson sang and played a great set.Add the talents of Gerry Hogan,Derek Thurlby and Dave Kirk,also Allan Thompson Percy Robinson,Ivan McLernon and
Richard Nelson to a great line up.Our European buddies Mark Horn Lionel Wendling and
Marcel Parjis just keep getting better and their playing was nothing less than amazing.
Country Harmony with Stevie Hamilton on steel gave the staff band a break
and got the crowd buzzing for the afternoon on Sunday.The staff band on the festival
consisted of Ray (piano) Darren (bass) Brendan (drums) Barry (Guitar) Mal (guitar)
and last but by no means least Charlie (fiddle and harmonica).The Festival was produced
by Maurice Wilson and presented by Pat Orpen.The event is organised and funded by a committee of steel guitar devotees.
Anne Marie O Keeffe

Post by Anne Marie O Keeffe »

Didn't some guy called Phil O Neill play a set too????? :lol:

Well Phil said it all there folks. This show gets better every year. The atmosphere was amazing; right from the moment John and I set foot in the hotel on Friday night we knew it was going to be a great weekend. Everything was wonderful. The players on stage were second to none and off stage all were party animals!!! It's so fantastic to be in a situation where everyone is together for the same reason. Whatever cares and concerns we all have were left behind for the couple days and everyone was happy and content.
Thank you to the Irish Steel Guitar Association for your hard work in making this wonderful event happen.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

I can't say enough about what a great time we had in Ireland! This was an absolutely GREAT show, on par with any other. A superb backup band (as Russ would put it, 'Dem dogs can HUNT!') and a constant parade of outstanding steelers from Ireland, UK, and Continental Europe. I am honored to have been invited to participate once again this year. Jane and I had a wonderful time and the hospitality in Ireland is so warm and welcoming. My thanks to the many fine folks who work so hard to put this show together year after year. I said it from the stage and I'll say it again, this is clearly the 'FRIENDLIEST STEEL SHOW ON EARTH!' Long may you run!

(Lionel Wendling [France], Me, Russ Hicks, Mark Horn [Germany])

Russ and Me with Pat Orphen [Committee Member and Show MC]
Gerry Hogan

Post by Gerry Hogan »

I go with what Jim said! It is always a great joy to be asked to play at the Irish Steel Guitar Festival, because it is so friendly; and the quality and eclectic variety of music is amazing! Barbara and I are always made very welcome and we have great fun! :D

Thanks to all the ISGA Committee members for their fine organising capability, particularly Maurice, Pat, Richard, Phil and Joe who helped us enormously.

Here's to many more years of successful Irish Steel Guitar Festivals! If you're reading this and you haven't yet been to one of these Festivals, make sure you go to the next! You are really missing out!

Gerry
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

http://plaffrat.chez-alice.fr/drogheda_07.htm

Courtesy of Patrick Laffrat & the French team
Jim McGinnis

Post by Jim McGinnis »

I rarely post on the forum but I made the trip to the Ireland show this year and must say that any of you that ever get the chance to travel to this great country do so as you will be treated like family. I have to say that the talent was amazing. In addition, I got to meet Russ Hicks and Jim and his lovely wife Jane and Gerry and his lovely wife Barbara and Pat and his lovely wife Mary and Donnie Johnson, Marcel Paris,Ronnie McCalister and so may others.
Ted Nesbitt and Pat and Sue and all the committee just did a marvelous job and I intend to go again.