Another Music123 bargain - Dobro Hound Dog $350

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

Jerry Gleason wrote:..I'm still deciding whether to complain about the pickup and gig bag thing. I don't really want to send it back.
I don't want to send mine back either. I'm very pleased with it. But I complained to them because it's deceptive advertising. I haven't received a reply yet.
...and no, I didn't get a gig bag either.
Loni Specter

Post by Loni Specter »

Alan F. Brookes wrote:
Jerry Gleason wrote:..I'm still deciding whether to complain about the pickup and gig bag thing. I don't really want to send it back.
I don't want to send mine back either. I'm very pleased with it. But I complained to them because it's deceptive advertising. I haven't received a reply yet.
...and no, I didn't get a gig bag either.
Guys, You read my posts on this. I called them and spoke with a customer service rep and managed to get a $75. credit. I told the I was not interested in re-packing the guitar up and taking it to UPS a second time. You might also remind them that they have been informed of the miss-print and have done nothing to correct it. They oue you money.

The guitar is certainly worth what you paid, but that's not the point.
Jerry Gleason

Post by Jerry Gleason »

You might also remind them that they have been informed of the miss-print and have done nothing to correct it. They oue you money.

The guitar is certainly worth what you paid, but that's not the point.
Yes, I suppose, but in my case, having read this thread before I ordered it, I knew there wouldn't be a pickup included (I don't recall anyone mentioning the gig bag), so I don't feel ripped off. I guess that's why I'm reluctant to call and complain loudly about it, but I probably should. I noticed that the sales page dropped the "acoustic-electric" wording after I ordered, although the specs still say Fishman pickup and gig bag.
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Woah... I missed the gig bag. I'm calling today.
Dave Sky

Post by Dave Sky »

I called today and got a $25 credit on next order and a gig bag.

The gig bag is some universal thing as they were vauge on what they would send.

Also, my Hound Dog is a dark brown walnut in color. Is that what you received or is mine just dark?

So, I got the guitar for $309 and a $25 credit with a gig bag of some sort, to be sent.

Dave
Loni Specter

Post by Loni Specter »

Yes, Dark satin walnut. Looks cool I think. I got no gig bag with mine, but I don't recall the text saying it included one at the time. You got a great deal. I'm likeing mine a lot. It's my first sqareneck! I am having trouble mounting the Floyd Rose though. :roll:
Dave Sky

Post by Dave Sky »

Within 10 minutes of talking to customer service service about the lack of a gig bag for the Hound Dog, I got an email saying my gig bag was ordered.

It is this one:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=545115

I have one of these already and it is a good basic bag.
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

My gig bag is on the way.
The guy said the mfr writes up the listing, and he emailed them to take the pickup add off.
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

They completely ignored my emails. :(