Great Show Chubby Howard!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ron Page

Great Show Chubby Howard!

Post by Ron Page »

This was perhaps the best of Chubby’s shows that I have attended, and I’ve only missed a couple.

The players were all great and worked marvelously with the backup musicians. It was great to see the many great players in the room at once and how they can all just flat play. You guys were all fantastic! And talk about singers! There were no fewer than 6 doing the good old country stuff as well as some great songs of faith. Chubby Howard and Terry Crisp closed it down in fine order with a number of duets, and a couple of tunes backing Tony Howard.

Herby continues what he might soon call “The More Guts than Sense Tour” as he comes back from that stroke. That’s Herby’s line for any attempts to play anything up-tempo. I can still recall the my father-in-law’s first trip to St. Louis and his first impression of Herby who kicked off his set with “Lady Be Good” . My father-in-law said, “That first note brought everyone’s attention to the stage”. That’s hard to do at Scotty’s with so much going on in the room ;) That was the first story he told my mother-in-law when asked how he liked the trip to Scotty’s. Great to see you keeping on with it, Herby.
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Tony Rankin

Post by Tony Rankin »

Ron, I totally agree.

And, in spite of the stroke, Herby Wallace still plays great and with such great emotion! Mike Sigler sounded awesome and Terry Crisp was fantastic.

Great show and all the players did a wonderful job! Thanks Chubby!

Tony
Tony Rankin
Eddie Harper

Chubby Howard Show

Post by Eddie Harper »

You guys just took the words right out of my mouth.,,,Great Show....

Good to see and talk with both of you Ron, and Tony.........Regards Eddie
James Bender Jr

Post by James Bender Jr »

Thanks for a great show! That was my first steel show and I had a great time. I got to see Chubby play and had to go after Mike Sigler got done playing. Everyone that I saw was great! It was really cool to see the band playing so well together as well. I will be back next year for sure.
Jamie
James Bender Jr

Post by James Bender Jr »

Thanks for a great show! That was my first steel show and I had a great time. I got to see Chubby play and had to go after Mike Sigler got done playing. Everyone that I saw was great! It was really cool to see the band playing so well together as well. I will be back next year for sure.
Jamie
Mike Sigler

Thank You !

Post by Mike Sigler »

Just wanted to say, Thank You ! to Chubby and the crew for having me back this year, I always enjoy hanging out with these guys. And all the players done a fantastic job. And Herby, you said you lost some control on your hand after the stroke, BUT you sure never lost your touch my friend. You are surely one of the masters. And tell Bunny, i think im gonna take her advice! :) (Or kicking it around anyway).
Thanks again for the great weekend Chubby .
Mike
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

So, Mike, did Bunny suggest you take up the fiddle? :lol:
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II