Fender 1000 For Sale

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Stewart Eastham

Fender 1000 For Sale

Post by Stewart Eastham »

I recently purchased a Fender 1000. But...I am starting Pedal Steel lessons next month and, after discussions with my new teacher, have decided I'd have better luck starting out with a more "modern" PSG.

So I am basically looking to trade for a used "pro" S10 E9 with 3 pedals & 4 knee levers. I currently play standard guitar in a band. So I'd like a S10 PSG suitable for recording and gigging...that way I can start using it with my band asap once I can play something halfway-decent on it (at least for a song or two.)

I am no pedal steel expert, but have been playing with it the last few weeks and it plays and sounds great.

According to the guy I bought the guitar from (who is a long time steel player):
"No issues with the changer, strings return to pitch as they should. A previous owner added toe pads to the ends of the pedals, and did a very nice job. If you are familiar with these guitars, the early 1000s have the chrome plated pedals, and a wide pedal spacing. These take care of spacing issues and foot-slipping issues (especially if you play in boots.) Has original pickups, and they are hot. Guitar has been refinished at some point, and is now a natural finish. Comes with the original cases, which are in OK condition, considering their age (they are certainly usable). "

I am located in Los Angeles, so a Southern California trade would be ideal. But, if that's not possible, I can ship it no problem.

And, of course, if I can't find someone willing to trade, I'm open to just selling it and then buying a S10 in a separate transaction. It would just be nice to do it all at one time.

Thanks and I look forward to becoming an active member of the forum! (I've been reading for the last month or so...)

stewart
smeast@ca.rr.com
Last edited by Stewart Eastham on 22 Oct 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stewart Eastham

asking price for sale

I've had a few folks asking about a straight sale price, so I figured I'd add it to the post.

I'm asking for $1000.00 + shipping costs.

(And I'm open to offers if you got one!)

thanks

stewart
Stewart Eastham

Fender 1000

Still available.

S
Stewart Eastham

Fender 1000

I've since purchased an E9 guitar so I am now only looking to sell, not trade.

Thanks!

stewart