Clarence White Tele

Post here if you're looking for something special
Billy Courtman

Clarence White Tele

Post by Billy Courtman »

Hi gang,
I am desperately seeking a Fender Clarence White Custom Shop Telecaster.Can anyone point me in a direction?Please.
Thanks
Jim Simon

Post by Jim Simon »

Billy:

No guarantees but try the Telecaster forum at www.tdpri.com

Good Luck. I bought a beautiful 52 AVRI from a member.

Jim
Jim Sliff

Post by Jim Sliff »

Man, I doubt if any of the TDPRI members would part with one.

You might check with Mike Nihen at www.stringpull.com. He doesn't do email much, so you have to call him. He made around 40 "Nashvile West" models with the double-thick body and Clarence custom wiring. Almost identical to the real one, with a long-throw bender. He's stopped making them as the Velvet Hammer pickups are out of production for good, but you might convince him to build one with some kind of stock pickups. It's worth a shot - the Fender CW Tele is a nice guitar but not ANYTHING like the original in sound or feel.
Jim Sliff

Post by Jim Sliff »

Ah, the Stingpull site has been taken down. Still might be worth calling him - email me for the number if you want it.
Billy Courtman

Post by Billy Courtman »

Thanks,Jim and Jim.I am aware of Stringpull.I am looking for an actual Fender.Because my CW was destroyed by a flood,I want to try to get an "exact" replacement.Thanks so much for your responses.Please keep your ears open and let me know if you hear of one.
Billy